Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Uh oh. It is 2021 and spring. That means......THE GARRY OWEN TOURNEY is about to begin! Team World vs Team USA IV. Stay tuned!

What's this Gary Owen Tournament then eh? :unsure:

I'm all for beating up USA, any time. But since I only have CMRT and it doesn't have a USA, I guess I'm out of luck..

What's this Gary Owen Tournament then eh? :unsure:

I'm all for beating up USA, any time. But since I only have CMRT and it doesn't have a USA, I guess I'm out of luck..
Yeah, you will need CMBN and CMFB (or maybe CMFI...but I’m not sure enough people have that) unfortunately. The format is team “mirrored” though, so both sides play both axis and allied.

Beating team USA´s ass seems like it could provide some entertainment. Count me in.
It probably would provide some entertainment...were it ever to happen. Sadly, for some, Team World just has not risen to the challenge thus far.

Who knows? Maybe this will be their year!

Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! Yeah... Who am I kidding?!?!?

USA! USA! USA!!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in. Put me up against @SlySniper :D I'll take him on - it has been a while...

This is not one of those little bite battles you have become good at with your little tricks.
Your game has improved, I feel I had something to do with that. But lets find out on the field of battle if you are as good as you think now. :devilish: (Evil laugh at this point)

I'd definitely be interested!
However if only to 'protect' myself I will have to check beforehand that I'm not over-committing and have the actual gametime the tournament starts. Lately my PBEM backlog was considerable greater than the amount of time and energy I had available to play the turns (RL likes to throw curveballs). I have all the games, but perhaps I could share duties with someone not having all games and play only one battle, if that works out.

And of course I'm up to playing against @SlySniper ;-)

PS What will the handicap for team USA be?

I'd definitely be interested!
However if only to 'protect' myself I will have to check beforehand that I'm not over-committing and have the actual gametime the tournament starts. Lately my PBEM backlog was considerable greater than the amount of time and energy I had available to play the turns (RL likes to throw curveballs). I have all the games, but perhaps I could share duties with someone not having all games and play only one battle, if that works out.

And of course I'm up to playing against @SlySniper ;-)

PS What will the handicap for team USA be?
Their handicap? Their arrogance :devilish:;)

I hereby nominate @Meat Grinder for team USA captain! :LOL:

I happily accept the nomination, and if the rest of Team USA agrees, I will do the job to the best of my abilities, managing and motivating Team USA, and interacting with (lol) Team World. :)

I've seen a lot of new names on the forums over the past year, many of them from points far distant from our land of opportunity. That is a good thing! I welcome these new men to join our revels in the G.O. tourney! Team World has had a bad run of luck thus far, but, perhaps with some new players on their team, they can reverse course and give Team USA a challenge!

I happily accept the nomination, and if the rest of Team USA agrees, I will do the job to the best of my abilities, managing and motivating Team USA, and interacting with (lol) Team World. :)

I've seen a lot of new names on the forums over the past year, many of them from points far distant from our land of opportunity. That is a good thing! I welcome these new men to join our revels in the G.O. tourney! Team World has had a bad run of luck thus far, but, perhaps with some new players on their team, they can reverse course and give Team USA a challenge!
YES! I love watching @Meat Grinder mock the hapless Team World team with movie clips!

I feel inspired to post my own clip. Here is a preview of what is to come for Team World:

Back