Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Unforgiven

I'd go with Tombstone simply because the writing was just superb.
While Unforgiven was another great effort by Eastwood, I found the overall mood to be just too disturbing to be a comfortable watch.
"Oh, mTk! You are so bloody sensitive!" Well, yeah, perhaps.
However, being outside my comfort level also moved it a bit outside my "favorite" level as well.
It's one of those movies that while glad I saw it, I don't think I care to watch it again any time soon.

I'd go with Tombstone simply because the writing was just superb.
While Unforgiven was another great effort by Eastwood, I found the overall mood to be just too disturbing to be a comfortable watch.
"Oh, mTk! You are so bloody sensitive!" Well, yeah, perhaps.
However, being outside my comfort level also moved it a bit outside my "favorite" level as well.
It's one of those movies that while glad I saw it, I don't think I care to watch it again any time soon.

What's your opinion on this?

Don't get me started.
IIRC this movie was made up of a bunch of "Rat Pack" wannabees
Their arrogance overwhelmed me.
That's really all I actually remember about it. What do you expect? It was 32 yrs ago!? :p
I looked it up. Got average reviews, but the unwashed masses seemed to have liked it as it was successful at the box office.
Got my money. Hmm.

I tried to watch “The unforgiven” it just was filmed way too dark and I actually thought it was boring. I know, I know...it has 3 of my favorite actors in it, but I just didn’t like it. I tried twice!! Now I did like this one and of course “Tombstone”

Little Bill is actually my favorite character in Unforgiven. This scene makes me
laugh hard every time, when Little Bill makes the comment about Nebraska. The other thing that makes me laugh about all Hollywood movies about guns is the re-cocking threat everyone makes when the person they are holding the gun on makes a suspicious move. You mean the gun wasn’t already ready to fire? Why didn‘t an ejected round go flying out of the Winchester? Used to piss me off in my younger days, but now I just laugh every time I see it (Which is almost every movie I see). I quite enjoy it now.

I tried to watch “The unforgiven” it just was filmed way too dark and I actually thought it was boring. I know, I know...it has 3 of my favorite actors in it, but I just didn’t like it. I tried twice!! Now I did like this one and of course “Tombstone”

Another Costner “western” I just recently watched and enjoyed was Yellowstone. It is a modern western and they just finished season two. My parents were raised in Montana, and I spent every summer there until I was 17, including working on my Uncle‘s dairy farm. I go there often for them trout. This show really captures the Montana ethos, especially the tension between rural and cities, locals and out of state developers/rich folks. Of course, every one is pretty much an anti-hero in the show. It works though.
But the Department of Montana Livestock is a seriously powerful law enforcement agency, and like a Sheriff it is an elected position.

Well I really enjoyed Young Guns, although some parts were better than others, as @Badger73 pointed out.

Open Range is definitely one of my favorite "modern" (anything made after the Leone spaghetti westerns) westerns. Also Lonesome Dove, and the more recent remake of the Magnificent Seven.

I have do agree with @Wellsonian about Little Bill. He is my favorite character in Unforgiven. Eastwood was a genius for casting Gene Hackman in that role.

Oh, and speaking of Gene Hackman....

Another Costner “western” I just recently watched and enjoyed was Yellowstone. It is a modern western and they just finished season two. My parents were raised in Montana, and I spent every summer there until I was 17, including working on my Uncle‘s dairy farm. I go there often for them trout. This show really captures the Montana ethos, especially the tension between rural and cities, locals and out of state developers/rich folks. Of course, every one is pretty much an anti-hero in the show. It works though.
But the Department of Montana Livestock is a seriously powerful law enforcement agency, and like a Sheriff it is an elected position.

It would have been tempting to just let the bear eat them.

Back