Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Unity of Command 2

The original was great, saw a replay of UoC2 on YouTube and it is awesome! Thehistoricalgamer did a very good vid on this game.

Last edited:
So, has any played this one? Want to give a short review or thumb's up/down? It has been on my Steam wishlist, and is now 60% off, $12, I think.

Short review: I didn't like the first game much. Too much like a puzzle game. Thought I would like the second game more, but found it quite annoying to be honest. Everything is about attacking and moving in the exact best order (as you can't stack units) and the difference can be total disaster or massive victory - so yeah, still too much of a puzzle game for me. But each to his own I guess and for 12 bucks it might be worth a try. Check some Youtube playthrough games and maybe you'll get a better feel for the game.

Steam has the game and all the DLC, including the new Stalingrad, for $41.
Seems like a definitive collection of WWII battles for Europe at the operational level.
Not too sure when I'll get around to it, but it sure looks good.
It has a bit of a learning curve, but I really like the emphasis they've placed on logistical supply. Most war games only give a polite nod
to the subject. UoC figured out it was sorta important.
There is a LOT OF GAME PLAY in this collection!!
Here's a Steam link...
-----

See my short review above, but on the other hand I'm leaning more toward the Gary Grigsby games for my hex and counter fix. Now THERE is a supply and logistics system to speak of.

To a certain extent I guess. But I won't touch War in the Pacific, that game is just the beast of all beasts. Thing I like about the GG games is that they don't hold your hand and leave a lot of decisions up to your judgement. There is a lot of information for sure, but what you do with it is the challenge.

Back