Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Updated CM Helper

hmstanley

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone tackled this one? I think the author (IanL on Battlefront) wanted to update it, but then it stopped at 1.7.6 (beta for Mac). I was looking for opensource tools on github and was hoping he might have published it there, since it's in python (or appears to be). Is there a new release somewhere?

Great, I would be happy to test what you have? it may be Python version you're using, 2.7 I don't believe is supported on 12.0 (Monterey). That said, moving to a new python version can be a royal pain in the ass..

Oh, you're referring to "Who's turn is it?".. this is definitely in Java..

In my post, I was referring to CM Helper, which is python (the binary is using python 2.7).

On Mac's, I just run the --jar file (since it didn't like the application). When I tried using this tool before (via java command line), it would hang on running with a dialogue you can't dismiss. I tried everything. I figured it was Mac's Apple Silicon and Java..

I have my own little helper (Mac only) to notify me of what games I need to answer, and to copy turn files to and from Dropbox.

I never planned to publish it, but if the Mac situation doesn't improve people can try it.

It is a bourne shell script and requires no language runtime or other dependencies. It is very simple, it requires the games to be in /Applications/CM* and dropbox to be in ~/Dropbox. First turns need to be copied to Dropbox manually, from then it figures out what belongs where based on filenames. No GUI, no mouse, just commandline.

I'm blocked with the test version not installing - sigh. I'm working on trouble shooting.

Whose Is It? is a Java app.
For any Mac user who can no longer run Whose Turn Is It? but would like to again

I have worked through my build issues for my Mac install and I now have a testable version to offer anyone who is blocked. I should emphasis this is beta and only has some basic testing on both a Big Sur and Monterey machine. However it runs which is better than the 1.0 version is doing on those OSes. I am running the same build on my Windows machine where I play my games - my own beta tester so it's pretty solid from a functionality perspective. There could be unforeseen issues on a Mac - just remember what I have now is beta software.

I have reached out to everyone I know was blocked but if there are other people who cannot run 1.0 on their Macs that I missed or don't know about please message me and I can see if I can get you back up and running.

Ok, so I followed your instructions.. that work. Problem is, the tool crashes when completing the turn. So, I launch the tool, launch the game from the tool, play my turn, save the turn, and the tool will crash under monterey. Is there any logs you want?

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
Cannot read the array length because "<local3>" is null
I've attached the log.

Running JRE Version 8, update 311 for Apple Silicon.

Attachments

• wtiilog.log.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Oh that is helpful. I figured there would be some hidden surprises there somewhere. The first one I'll have to look at and do a bit if studying. The second one looks like the preference file it not being read properly. Could you send me your preference.xml file which is sitting next to the log file. I could fix the code so it doesn't blow up but I would prefer to see the preferences file so I can figure out how it got in the state it is in.

Back