Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

US withdrawal from Afghanistan - your thoughts?

MOS:96B2P

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Would the Soviets have overrun europe? Militarily no. If the US had pulled out of europe they wouldnt have needed to.

Why would the Soviets need to overrun Europe if the US was in Europe? The above quote kind of contradicts itself so I don't think I understand.

MOS:96B2P

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Wow, evacuations (attempted) continue. Poor people.

From Reuters:
Germany has left at least 5,000 former staff and their families behind in Afghanistan, a support network founded by German troops said on Friday, vowing to keep pressing for them to leave the country after an Aug. 31 deadline runs out. Around 300 German citizens remain in the country, according to the foreign office in Berlin - besides an unknown number of former Afghan staff and their families.

From the Independent:
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has vowed Tuesday to offer German residence to up to 40,000 local Afghan staff working for development organizations if they feel their lives will be in danger. The German Chancellor said those workers have the right to be evacuated.

Bulletpoint

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has vowed Tuesday to offer German residence to up to 40,000 local Afghan staff working for development organizations if they feel their lives will be in danger.
I'm pretty sure they will feel their lives are in danger.

ChuckDyke

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Shariah is for some people their definition of freedom. The moment Osama bin Laden was executed it should have been 'Mission Accomplished' and get out.