Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Using master map with pre selected forces for quick battle

KGPanther

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before, and I tried to search it up....how can I take a master map, add initial forces for both sides in scenerio/map editor, then use that map with those initial forces as a quick battle map. This way, each side has pre selected forces and then they can pick their own remaining forces during the quick battle force selection. I recall creating a 10,000 point battle back in the day but cant recall how I did it. Any guidance here?

It's the other way around. You purchase the forces desired in the QB to get a rough idea on equal points for both sides. Take screen shots of these purchase screens with your army list. Close QB down and go into the scenario editor. Open the map (or QB map) that you want and start purchasing the same units without any point restrictions. If you use a blank Master Map remember to add in victory locations etc. Won't be an exact match given variables within the individual units that are randomised but it's a close fit.

Assume you a are playing with someone? If not you will have to make an AI plan for your 'opponent'.

Or just load the master map in the scenario editor, paint some setup zones under the "map" tab, check the "mission" tab and change to the desired format (i.e. Alled attack), then save it into the "quick battles" folder. It will show when you want to start a QB

Yeah have a master map that we set the setup zone already, just wanted to save map with forces already on it, then use QB to pick additional forces. Looks like we need a third party to do that.

Ah sorry I'm retarded and read every post except the OP.

LOl all good. I did this years ago with original CM, but could not recall how we did it. Made a 10,000 point battle. Really fun. When I get time I will work on this. KGSspoom and I were going to try it. We have the master map already.

Back