Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ver 3.12 compatability with older versions

Z

Zinzan

Greetings all,

Since this has been out a while I'm wondering whether peoples have noticed any compatability problems with ongoing PBeM games? I've seen a few comments on the BF Boards that many people have had no problems. I also note that BF themselves say that the warning was a "just in case" warning.

(Have real problems restraining myself from running updates as soon as they arrive for any PC things, been a PC user toooooooo long to avoid patching stuff as soon as possible. (Wow I'm trying top pass myself off as a knowledgable user again pfffffffftttttt)

Hi Zinzan,
I'm playing with version 3.12 VS. Nathangun (not patched), and we don't have problems.

FWIW ... playing patched (to 3.12) v unpatched (at v 3.11) - which is what I think you mean? - may well work at first: but it's possible that problems may arise later in the battle, when the game meets a situation that the two versions handle differently.

BF always (AFAIK), and in this case anyway, recommends both players patching / upgrading at the same time. It is done via a save (in the old version) and re-load (in the new version) in the *orders* (ie not replay) phase of a turn by one of the players, whilst the other player goes from old to new between their turns ...

Seems safer to me! (And now the free v3.12 patch is also out, you don't have to buy the BP just to get v3.12).

Or, you can keep both versions running at the same time if you want, and finish battles in v3.11 whilst also playing v3.12 / BP battles ...

Back