Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Vote for the next mission

Vote for the next mission

• 1.Continue the Brits vs Soviets Cold War.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.Arras

• 7.Bravo-team boarding action

• Total voters

Vartuoosi

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
EDIT:
Let's repurpose this poll for voting on next weeks mission. Just change your vote to what you'd like to be played next.
Every other option is still on the table expect 2.Falklands(can't remove it from the list). Vote closes by the end of Wednesday.

Quoting myself here
At one point during the hiatus I went into a some kind of manic state where during couple of days I made like 6 missions(a small Bravo-team mission still under construction).
So you guys vote for what mission you wanna play next.

1.Continue the Brits vs Soviets Cold War.
This is the one where you play as a bunch of squaddies behind Soviet lines. Last time you destroyed a jamming station, two Scuds and some poor farmers fuel supply.
Main mods used are CUP, CWR3 and Rosche map

2.Falklands War mission
Your job is to clear a bunch of Argentinian trenches and bunkers to open up a road allowing follow up troops to move through and exploit.
Mods: CUP and CWR3

3.Poland 39
You play as a German motorized recon team. Mission is to find out the condition of two pontoon bridges, secondary objective is to make note of Polish defensive positions. You are NOT supposed to engage them.
Mods: CSA38, September39, IFA3 and IFA3 Liberation

4.Arras
As the name implies inspired by the BEF counter-attack 1940. You play as Germans and have to blunt the Brit advance.
Mods: CSA38, IFA3 and IFA3 Liberation

5.Finnish LRP Raid
I think it was either Gnarly or Concord who ages ago expressed some interest in missions inspired by Finnish long-range patrol actions, well I deliver.
Finnish LRP raids a Soviet outpost used as a base for troops to conduct patrols and pursue Finnish LRPs.
Mods: IFA3, Northern Fronts & NF map-pack

6.Tornio
Takes place during the opening moves of the Lapland War. Finnish troops have conducted a seaborne attack in the rear of Germans and captured the city of Tornio, important supply hub for Germans. Your job is to push ahead and capture a bridge from the Germans before they are able to reinforce the position.
Mods: IFA3, IFA3 Liberation, Northern Fronts & NF map-pack

7.Hurry and finish the Bravo-team boarding action mission
In this mission your job is to board a large container ship taken over by pirates and eliminate them and take control of the ship.
The NBA mod is kinda janky, hilarity very nearly guaranteed.
Mods: CUP and Naval Boarding Actions

@DoubleD @Aurelius @Concord @Gnarly @Redbully @holoween @Nathangun @Ithikial @Bootie

Last edited:
All of them look great!
Thoughts:

Continue the Brits vs Soviets Cold War.
This one was a great map and format. I like the rifle too.

Falklands War mission
I was very tempted to make this my vote...but was concerned it might be another night mission. o_O

Poland 39
Sounds sneaky...but what are the chances we could remain stealthy. :)

Arras
Wow! So...versus British early war tanks?

Finnish LRP Raid
Also sounds fun.

Tornio
I don't know much of the historical context. Fins vs. Germans? Race for the bridge sounds good.

Hurry and finish the Bravo-team boarding action mission
Janky how? Laws of physics?

5.Finnish LRP Raid
Have to read up on that kind of thing.

4.Arras
As the name implies inspired by the BEF counter-attack 1940.
Never played ARMA in that timeline.

Oh, I wanted to vote for them all :ROFLMAO:

So did I. :)
Falklands War mission
I was very tempted to make this my vote...but was concerned it might be another night mission. o_O

I was afraid of that as well.

I vote for the Poland one, as it is also new to me in ARMA.

Janky how? Laws of physics?
You might get Arma physics'd but the ships are surprisingly far more stable than I assumed. Went around climbing and jumping around them just little while ago using the enhanced movement-mod(excellent mod btw, we really should add that to the standard mod load).
Only the ship boarding mission is a night mission and you would have NVGs. The Falklands one has fog.
You should be able to change your vote if you change your mind.

I could continue with soviet-takistan missions or eastern front (if ww2) when I'm done with the semester.

Does this mean there will be a mission this Sunday?
That's the idea. Looks like we'll be going to the Falklands so mods are same as last week(well the brighter flares isn't needed).
@Aurelius I sent you the mission file earlier today on Discord.
I'll make a thread later today unless Aurelius has some objections.

My new hard drive should be arriving today, and i will try to clone the dying one. I may or may not be able to join the next mission.

BTW, when we are changing the mod list, the easiest way to make sure everyone has the correct mod list is to just export the modlist HTML and upload it somewhere (google drive, dropbox or pastebin). Then all the participants need to do is to download it and drag it into their launcher. (Or manually import it).

1620995417802.png
That will enable the mods if they are downloaded, if not you get the option to subscribe to the missing mods.

I don't. Yet.
Livonia is advertised on the ARMA Contact page in Steam, but it appears to be part of DayZ?
I played DayZ a lot a few years ago.

I don't. Yet.
Livonia is advertised on the ARMA Contact page in Steam, but it appears to be part of DayZ?
I played DayZ a lot a few years ago.
Not sure about DayZ, but for arma it comes with the contact DLC. That's the problem i have with arma DLC strategy, the maps practically useless as the chances of everyone in a group owning the DLC is low. The only worthwhile content from Contact is the map.

Let's repurpose this poll for voting on next weeks mission. Just change your vote to what you'd like to be played next.
Every other option is still on the table expect 2.Falklands(can't remove it from the list). Vote closes by the end of Wednesday.

Back