Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

WANTED: Small PBEM Battle for CMBN or CMFI

U

Ulf Norman

Haven't tried human opponents before so want to keep it to a Small battle to start with. Got H2H Helper and Dropbox installed but no practical experience using them. Got CW and MG for CMBN and GL for CMFI. Johnsy's houserules for artillery look like a good idea and not sure what houserules are appropriate to limit Panthers and Tigers from dominating the battle. Okay, drop me a line if you're interested.

Hi Ulf, we can do a small battle in CMBN/CW/MG, if you like. I'll play either side but if you want to record the game to the ladder,
I'll only play mirrored then for the sake of maximum fairness.

I usually play CM "as it is" without any extra rules but with the one self talking rule: No pre-planned arty into the attacker's setup zone.
We may use Johnsy's arty rule too, of course, but please explain it to me as I'm not aware of it.

We should play on elite level (effects lenght of buddy aid, calling in arty, spotting) with rarity set to strict (reduces the number of available
big cats automatically due to rarity points). "Elite" is the FGM club standard gaming level.

OK, looking forward to your answer. :)

Thanks for the reply, Shorker, I'll send you a private message

After a very long search - the map design is really poor in CMBN - I found a map that suits us. ;)

First turn is in our box - but my dropbox messaged me that the file was deleted..? :D

Must be some bug, got the file and bought my force, new file in dropbox

After a very long search - the map design is really poor in CMBN - I found a map that suits us. ;)

First turn is in our box - but my dropbox messaged me that the file was deleted..? :D

I see now what I did. The very first file, I copied and pasted it, then deleted it, cause I thought we'd end up with a bunch of files with the same name, but I see now they're numbered as we go.

:D Roger!

OK, now the game and file exchange is running smoothly - pretty easy, wasn't it? ;)

Back