Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

War in the East - The Battle of Kharkov - Multiplayer AAR - Nathangun v Hardradi

Nathangun

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
An AAR between myself (Germans) and @Hardradi (Soviets) game length 6 Turns.

TURN1
Hardradi plays the first turn blasting a huge hole in the front lines. I didn't take any screenies at this stage has I didn't plan on doing a AAR.

TURN2
Soviet forces advance on Kharkov cutting off of 2 regiments 297th Infantry Division and a regiment of the 294th Infantry Division, these units are hold a VP hex so must hold the hex.

Oqi2UNG.jpg

On my turn, I attack into the southern neck of bulge, advancing along the Oskol river encountering stiff resistance.
At Kharkov we push back the Soviets and linking up with the cut off regiments.

TsTW1Dp.jpg

TURN 3
The mud sets in, the Soviets encircle our troops again. Our operations are the in the domain of air units only, several attacks against Soviet armored formations.

7Zx7q6V.jpg

XsxAfts.jpg

TURN 4
Limited attacks from Soviets this turn, I was thinking that the Soviets were losing steam.

zRYezcO.jpg

I counter attack into the neck of the bulge again, and broke the line in the south with the Italian corps making an air fleet relocate.

D5v24lE.jpg

fPmjeJ3.jpg

TURN 5
The Soviets break the line north of Kharkov causing me great concern, luckily I had a panzer division nearby to plug the gap.
Again the 3 regiments are cut off.

Y6FWIYi.jpg

A motorised division and a cavalry division are cut off in the south.

7339FoC.jpg

I begin to push back in against the bulge, surrounding several divisions. In the south I break the line to open a gap which the Italians can retreat into, alas they didn't have the movement points to carry it off.

IUwZe47.jpg

To the north of Kharkov I managed to plug the gap.

u3GAisK.jpg

END GAME
ThWP7lw.jpg

IXOAynZ.jpg

3wTOscw.jpg

Soviets regained hexes and surrounded the 3 regiments again. Hardradi attacked the Italians and they retreated back into the German lines, the 17th Panzer division was routed, my main battering ram. The game ended with a minor Soviet victory.
My inexperience showed in this battle, I didn't exploit any advantages I made and attacked on too wide a front when maybe I should have attacked on key sectors, lots to ponder.

Good AAR, how complicated is War in East? I have War in West but am yet to sit down and attempt to learn how to play.

There is a PDF document called "Operational Boot Camp 2010 v1.05" which I found quite helpful for learning War in East. If you can play War in the East you can play War in the West. The major difference is that the Air War is a lot better/detailed in War in the West.

Back