Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Warplan - - Anybody brought this?

A mod was released that makes the air counters round.

t46bKPAh.jpg

Panzers corps headed for the Baku oil fields as winter sets in.

pRQWnpIh.jpg

Interesting game. And it does remind me of the old AH Rise and Decline of the Third Reich board game. :)

Are they Turkish units on the map? Are they playable?

I do like the round air counters. Would be nice on some other games. I remember these from a board game, D-Day I think it was.

Still playing Strategic Command World War 2. However, here's a replay if you are interested...

I looked at SC WW2 WIE but thought the counters and the map looked terrible. Only recently had a look at the mods section and see that has been addressed by the community! What were the devs thinking with the original design?!

@Rico ... nice to hear. We might get some sort of WARPLAN tournament going in the new year if we get a few more players. Maybe not the whole war though! LOL!

Hotfix is available for download - Version 1.00.03.01
Could not get it via the in-game updater or update link on the Store page.
Finally got a download via FileZilla.

Interesting range of AI settings - Experience has eleven levels (1 Low - 11 High), with Historical (default) at level 2.
Effectiveness has five levels - Historical (default) at 2

Having a range of Strategic games....with its lastest incarantion of version 4 ive got a number of games going, whilst not perfect there are no real game breakers in way of bugs. I'm enjoying it...I find this game game is more planing orientated than say SC3 and other strategey games....I like the fact its less relient on quirky little tactics that get repeated turn after turn as in SC3 such as Tac air strike then the double tank strikes. I like the fact your army cant fight endlessly turn after turn as fatigue etc catches up on units after constant combat and they get punished. At this point i would recommend it to anyone that is into strategey games and think with alittle more polish it will be pushing hard on the heels to be clasic. UI is felt a bit clunky at first but now im use to it i understand it needs to be that way as there is actually quite abit under the hood here.

Having a range of Strategic games....with its lastest incarantion of version 4 ive got a number of games going, whilst not perfect there are no real game breakers in way of bugs. I'm enjoying it...I find this game game is more planing orientated than say SC3 and other strategey games....I like the fact its less relient on quirky little tactics that get repeated turn after turn as in SC3 such as Tac air strike then the double tank strikes. I like the fact your army cant fight endlessly turn after turn as fatigue etc catches up on units after constant combat and they get punished. At this point i would recommend it to anyone that is into strategey games and think with alittle more polish it will be pushing hard on the heels to be clasic. UI is felt a bit clunky at first but now im use to it i understand it needs to be that way as there is actually quite abit under the hood here.
Titan, are you still playing? The developer seems very active in fixing issues. Would you recommend this title?

I started a game with an early version...As it went on i found the game didnt have the flow like a Strategic WW2 game should and it felt more like a 1990 modern war....However that was an early version. There where some things i really like about it. I believe a new official patch is around the corner and would be kean to give it another try.

Back