Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What PC / graphics card / monitor combination do you use?

Two NVidia GeForce 1080 cards in SLI in a desk-top Alienware Aurora R5.
Monitor is an older Dell which I keep at 1920 x 1080 but it is capable of considerably higher res. I find the settings I use to be a good compromise between graphics quality and processing speed for games like Total War, or Wings Over Flanders Fields Between Heaven and Hell.

After seven faithful years my mobo recently gave up the ghost (not the PSU like I suspected).

Now I have a B560M Aorus Pro Ax with i5-11400F CPU, GFX card is my venerable GTX 970, still trucking along - which is good because I don't want to get a second mortgage to buy a new GFX card just at the minute!

The mobo has excellent reviews, so I am pleased with that, although I don't go for the top of the range stuff seeing as I mostly play CM, and few other games are resource hogs enough to justify the extra cost of buying the latest and greatest tech.

The mobo has excellent reviews, so I am pleased with that, although I don't go for the top of the range stuff seeing as I mostly play CM, and few other games are resource hogs enough to justify the extra cost of buying the latest and greatest tech.
My new PC earlier this year I laid down the $$$ for a RTX3080ti and a 4K monitor. Best tech decision I've made for many years as every game is silky smooth at that high resolution with all the bells and whistles. The exception is CM due to the UI constraints. I set CM2 games to play at 1440p.

Back