Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

When do surrendering units get captured ?

dontpanic!

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
A question for the collective CM hive mind and experienced players. Does anyone know what factors affect when surrendered pixeltruppen get captured and turn into prisoners, ie, a white flag appears ?

Does it depend on:
- the proximity of friendly units and whether they are in LOS
- the proximity of enemy units
- the number of enemy pixeltruppen and whether they outnumber the surrendering pixeltruppen
- the location, ie in the open, in buildings or in woods
- the quality of the surrendering units, ie, conscripts vs elite
- the quality of the capturing troops

I am sure some or all these factors play a role. I have occasions when the surrendering pixeltruppen stick around for many turns and sometimes they get captured within a turn or two.

Thanks for looking.

In my experience capturing surrendered units does happen very quickly when both of the following properties are fullfilled: Own units in close proximity and no (active) enemy units around.

I had it in one of my last CMRT games that one of my surrendering german soldier refused to go with his soviet capturers for several turns even as they stood 2m beside him. But I had a fireteam in like 30m away, unknown to the enemy.
Just as this fireteam retreated further back, the lone german survivor hoisted the white flag.

I don´t know though if it is LOS dependant or if just the presence is enough. It can so happen though that unattended surrendering soldiers may pick up their arms again once they see a chance for it.

A question for the collective CM hive mind and experienced players. Does anyone know what factors affect when surrendered pixeltruppen get captured and turn into prisoners, ie, a white flag appears ?

Does it depend on:
- the proximity of friendly units and whether they are in LOS
yes
- the proximity of enemy units
yes it is unclear if LOS is required or not
- the number of enemy pixeltruppen and whether they outnumber the surrendering pixeltruppen
The more overwhelming your forces are and the less their friends are the faster they surrender.
- the location, ie in the open, in buildings or in woods
I do not believe this matters.
- the quality of the surrendering units, ie, conscripts vs elite
No. Once they try to surrender their morale is crap and their level of training don't matter.
- the quality of the capturing troops
No.
I am sure some or all these factors play a role. I have occasions when the surrendering pixeltruppen stick around for many turns and sometimes they get captured within a turn or two.

Thanks for looking.
The largest factor for surrendering troops sticking around is the proximity of their friends. If they think they might get rescued they stick around longer. Word of warning if you leave them unattended they can pickup their weapons and re joint the fight.

Back