Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Why Did The Japanese Surrender Take Place On USS Missouri?

I found this very interesting. I'd never heard any details about this so new WWII stuff is always welcome.
If nothing else the film/pictures are worth the watch.
The moderator, at times, seems a bit unprepared and is occasionally repetitive, but generally informative. His monologue, at times, did make
me scratch my head a bit as some of his conclusions seem rather off the cuff. For instance, he suggests one of the reasons for the ceremony
being held on her was because her size allowed for more room. WTF!? When I had a chance to visit BB 63 the first thought I had, upon standing
on the spot where the signing occurred, was "Damn, this is cramped." The pictures show attendance was shoulder-to-shoulder, mobbed with lookers
on. I'm not seeing a lot of space there.
Bottom line is the moderator had no idea why the surrender took place on the Missouri. Lots of conjecture, and info tidbits, but nothing difinitive.
Anyway, from just an historical POV, I thought this was pretty cool. Hope you do too.
-----

Last edited:
Back