WIN10 and CM:AK / CM:BB

Alpha Zwo

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Posted this over at the Blitz too, probably someone here can help:

I re-installed both games on a new computer and have problems to run these games.

CM:AK loads but still shows V1.01 after installing the V1.03 patch. CM:BB does not start at all. Both games are German CDV versions, not the Battlefront versions.
I tried to install the CM:BB demo version and it runs fine.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sempai

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
For CMAK: Did You install all the patches one after another? If not - You should do then! For CMBB: Did You re-install a second time after the failed (not working) install? Where there problems (very long delayings or similar) during the installation? And I take it all three CDs (CMBB - 1 CD & CMAK - 2 CDs) are OK and You have checked on it!

You can check the different posts here concerning the topic W10 and CMx1. There are one or two. Maybe You find something helpful there.

Do You use the CDs to start the programms if wanting to play?

Greetings

Alpha Zwo

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
For CMAK I have only found the V1.03 patch, no others. I installed CMBB twice with the same result, no problems during installation, patch installation one after the other, CDs are ok. CMAK starts without CD, CMBB does not start with or without CD.

After V1.03 CMAK installation OpenPlay.dll was missing but problem seems to be solved by copying this file into the Run folder afterwards.

Alpha Zwo

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hm, problem solved to the effect that both games are running now. But why does CMAK still shows V1.01 although I have applied the V1.03 patch?

Sempai

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hm, I wrote a quite long answer here yesterday. Odd that it isn´t see here.

The question is: Is it still 1.01 or is it 1.03 and only the bitmap with the new version is missing. I think, I heart something similar some time. Further my both games (CMAK & CMBB) don´t show the real version - in fact they show no version at all - since I use different background pictures. You could test this by starting a game, send it someone with the version 1.03 and see if it works right.

Greetings

Alpha Zwo

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks Sempai. May I send you a CMAK file just for testing?