Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Windows10 update issues - printer help request FINAL OUTCOME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger73

One of the Few
FGM MEMBER
Something that has nothing to do with Battlefront updates or Steam releases.

So, last week Microsoft released KB4103727 (OS Build 16299.431); a bundle of security updates to fix at least 67 holes in its various Windows operating systems and related software. Since then my wife's HP G72 Notebook PC fails to print anything (error 0x00000bbb - unable to create a print job). I tried two different printers. Same error on both. I have googled for answers but find none that work.

I have no problems using these printers on my Win10 MSI gaming laptop but it doesn't look like that update is installed on it. My wife's computer problems automatically escalate into my computer support nightmares. In this instance, I can't find a fix that works. This is serious, men! I've uninstalled the Win10 and Adobe updates on her machine but the problem remains. Troubleshooting her PC has taken hours away from my gaming time!! :eek:

Help me, comrades! I desperately need Gaming Geek answers to fix this. I have faith in FGM. Please don't let me down my battle bretheren . . . :shocknaz:

So Badger, have you looked to see if there are updated printer drivers? Perhaps you need to re-install a printer driver after the update? You tried running the troubleshooter to see if Win 10 detects an issue and has an answer?

Yes, yes, and yes.
  • Installed a brand new printer and downloaded current drivers
  • Perhaps I need to do so again
  • Troubleshooter detects no problems
And . . . I thought I should restore her system to a previous System Restore point so as to undo last week's Microsoft automatic update. That failed too . . .
Please, just shoot me . . . :mad:

Direct connect via USB. Printing sends files to Win10 Print Spooler which then prints immediately to printer.
I have another instruction set of general procedures which I will perform again. I was hoping that someone might know a fix specific to last week's Win10 update.
I'm walking away from this today. My wife and I are spending the day together at a Botanical Garden. I'll return to this struggle mañana . . .

Had an issue with our pc following a recent W10 Update ...........log in screen came up, put log in details in........screen went black and could do nothing with it.
After research online I did a system restore to an earlier time and then reinstalled the printer and that did the trick - hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks, @steve. As the fates of contrary computing would have it, my attempt to restore her machine to a previous restore point failed. :eek:
The re-boot message window said to run chkdsk /R. I intend to do that this afternoon and continue my Sisyphean efforts . . . :(
Wailing and gnashing of teeth continues. But my opponents didn't send me any turns today so resolving this issue gives other masochistic tasks to do. :shocknaz:

............or get a Mac........:eek::eek::eek:

Hope it gets sorted.

Steve

Fear not, for I was speaking in jest........

Steve

.......I'm in both camps......we have a pc ( an all in one which we are replacing with a Dell all in one), and I have a MacBook Air.

I like how the Mac works, but can relate to those who hate them and think that they are over priced.

Both can be infuriating at times I suppose, it's just that i like how the Mac works.

Steve

My son bought a Macbook Pro for University (student discount), but not long after he graduated it was stolen ...............although he really liked it he wasn't prepared to spend his own money to buy another so got himself a quality laptop for less money and is very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back