Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Wishlist

P

PoorOldSpike

We can post in this thread any mods or tweaks etc we'd like to see, or recommend to each other any mods that already exist somewhere
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMBIENT SOUND 'OFF' MOD- I already use this mod, it stops the rattle of offmap gunfire so that the only gunfire you hear is on your own map.

TALL SPINDLY SMOKE COLUMNS- i'd like a mod to make the smoke column from burning tanks look fatter and bend with the wind like CMx1.

SELECTED UNIT BASES COLOUR- It's green and can't be easily seen in grass, so I'd like to see it changed to something like blue, yellow, orange, or red etc.

MAKE AIRCRAFT VISIBLE- At the moment we only see their tracer and hear their engine, so I'd like to see a mod to make them visible, even if it's just their shadow and a name tag like in CMx1.

SOME SOUNDS ARE UNREALISTIC- for example arty sounds like somebody kicking a dustbin instead of a deep boom, so I'd like to see a mod that improves the sounds.

SHELLS FLY TOO FAST- It might be realistic but at shorter ranges there's only a millisecond between firer and target and we're not always sure who fired and hit the target, so we have to rewind to look frame-by-frame, and I'd like to see a mod or coding tweak to slow them down to CMx1 speed.

You can forget about #4 and #6. Modding anything that involves the code is a no-no. I usually have to twitch click the pause button during the playback to try and catch where the tracers are coming from.

Sounds are fair game and if they are not at the BF repository, they will be in due time.

Vein at BF has some pretty good explosion and muzzle flash mods available. Smoke may be included in this. Not sure.

Lastly, I know there is a unit base mod at BF that increases visibility. Hope this helps.

Correct - anything that'd involve changing the code (smoke behavior, planes, shell speed) is NOT possible to mod, nor will it ever be. EVerything else on your list can be modded - and partly already is.

Another wish: GET RID OF WHITE HE SHELLBURSTS.
White is fine for smoke shells, but HE bursts are sometimes white too in the game, so I'd like to see them replaced with dirty grey or dusty brown smoke instead.

And I wish that tanks pivoted on the spot faster when changing face. I can't believe real tanks pivoted so slowly

..anything that'd involve changing the code (smoke behavior, planes, shell speed) is NOT possible to mod, nor will it ever be..

Unless the programmers get in there and change the code for future upgrades..;)

Which is somewhat unlikely, but not entirely out of the question that some things will be changed (like some AT weapons being able to be used from inside buildings).

We will of course see some jumps between the individual WW2 games with regard to certain features very much like we did in CMx1 (e.g. modelled dust) and which won't be retrofitted into earlier base games. So it is entirely possible to see some of those features you want in the next WW2 game, just not in this one.

I offered to be an unpaid CMBN beta tester/playtester/developer over a year ago and told BFront-"I can put in at least 10 hours a day on it, 7 days a week on condition that I be left alone to do it my way without any interruption or hindrance", but they replied with something about "not liking my attitude", and didn't take me up on the offer, ha ha!
I can understand that, as I'd have been impossible to work with, I'd have wanted to do things my way or not at all.

Same with FGM members who sometimes ask me to help them develop their ideas for tourneys, we start off alright, but then they begin overuling my advice and suggestions, so I say "why the hell did you ask me to help you if you're going to keep ignoring my advice?" and walk out..:)

I can understand that, as I'd have been impossible to work with, I'd have wanted to do things my way or not at all.

This kind of behaviour is no problem at all. Only one requirement: must be a millionaire !:becky:

All the big commanders insisted on doing it THEIR way, Monty, Rommel, Patton, Guderian etc..:)
I especially like these quotes-

"I decided to ignore my orders and to take command at the front with my own hands as soon as possible"- Rommel arriving in Africa 1941

"I've decided to take command of this area myself"- Bootie, licking an FGM subforum into shape

"I attribute my success on the battlefield to always being on the spot to see and do everything for myself"- Duke of Wellington

"When you're in command, COMMAND"- Adm. Chester Nimitz

"I did it my way"- Frank Sinatra

Vein at BF has some pretty good explosion and muzzle flash mods available. Smoke may be included in this. Not sure.
Vein does have a smoke mod, but it doesn't change the fact that the smoke doesn't blow with the wind. I'm not sure why artillery smoke blows and brewed up tank smoke doesn't, but that's just how it is. You can change the look of the smoke, but not the behavior.

Back