Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

World of Tanks Roll Call

I do regret they got rid of friendly fire. You actually had to have your head pulled out not to torp someone by mistake. Now people just send s**t downrange with nary a care in the world. You know, brute force s**t slinging, victory through unrestricted ammunition expenditure without fear of hurting a teammate.

Before you go here's the newest on crew 2.0.
Still some details I'm unclear on, but for the most part I think I get it.
For instance, I didn't see how one goes about assigning a commander/crew to specific tanks.
----

Last edited:
Before you go here's the newest on crew 2.0.
Still some details I'm unclear on, but for the most part I think I get it.
For instance, I didn't see how one goes about assigning a commander/crew to specific tanks.
----
Are you sure about this...

Yes. However, my tentative approval was for the mechanics and the availability of new crew skills and I still like what I see there.
QB is able to look deeper into stuff/stats/circumstances I can only imagine. It does look like WG has made some skills/achievements out of reach of a large % of its player base
and that just seems real odd to me. I mean how can they market crew skills that (almost) nobody will ever achieve. If it were me I would LOWER requirements for what it takes to
get more crew skills. *Just checked my email and I still haven't heard from WG about that yet.*
Even then I don't see it as a big deal (for most of us). The unicorns (12%) are going to be the only ones dealing with the issues QB raises and I don't care about any of those players
who might get their feathers ruffled to some small degree when playing their Tier X OP'd tanks in the first place.

Oh my. @Nort Looks like you're going to be around a while longer.
"As of now, no decision has been made regarding the future of Crew 2.0. We continue to process the collected data that will affect our future decision-making. We have a lot to do
and we'll update you on further developments as we work out specific solutions.
One thing is certain: The new Crew system will not be released to production servers at least for six months—and will only be considered as part of our 2022 plans should a future
iteration meet our expectations.
Once we process all the data, we will need time to elaborate potential changes based on your feedback and collected information, then test them. All decisions regarding Crew 2.0 will be
communicated and tested together with the community. This was and remains the main condition for the release of the feature." -WoT.com/news
---
Now, my thought is that they are so knee deep in that sh**storm PR disaster involving WoWs that someone decided that, given the enormous negative feedback that Screw 2.0 rec'd on the
test servers, maybe they don't need to add something else to the PR fire they are having to deal with atm.
Since it is already a thing on WoWs it is unlikely going to be dumped, but we have rec'd a reprieve. Just in time to buy the new Tier IX premium they just released. They should be able to make
enough rubles selling Tier IX premiums in the next six months to make up for any anticipated revenue loss from selling us tank commanders.

These are the "Happy Days" for (most of) WoT players. Kind of good news-bad news, but I think the good is really good.
First the bad. WoT nerfed all the HE shells, basically making them useless. All those great tanks with troll cannons now reside in my garage, likely never
to be driven again. I mean, I still have around 150 other tanks to drive around so it is not like these changes really have any affect on my game playing.
I just suffer a little bit of nostalgia when thinking of the KV-2, et al.
Next the good. This confuses me. Basically, I think WG tried to make the arty experience better with their complete redo of arty shells. Pretty sure arty players
would testify that it is/was a complete fail. I know for a fact that arty presence has dropped at least 50% in matchmaking due to the shells now being basically
harmless, at least to the point where any battle that has less than 3 arty (most of them) doesn't require player concern. What I mean is that now that arty has
almost disappeared the game has returned to World of Tanks, rather that World of Arty with Tanks. Well done WG!! Although I am pretty sure that was not your
intent.
And last, my new/old favorite tank, the Tier VIII Rhm-Borsig "Waffletractor". When I first got this I thought it was (and it was) awesome. Loved that huge alpha damage.
Unfortunately, power creep over the years generally rendered it obsolete. Nowadays, you can usually get one shot off and then get spotted and dead shortly thereafter.
However, I was looking a vid and saw that the player was using the smaller 128mm gun rather than the 150mm. The smaller gun benefits from a much faster reload time
(9.14 seconds v. 20 seconds) and shell velocity (1150 m/s v. 516 m/s). Of course, you lose the 750+/- alpha damage, but 490 alpha with that reload time is terrific! . The shell
velocity is the game changer. The 120mm gun allows me to stand off, use my camo (46.96!) and become the invisible sniper. Toward end game (assuming I'm still around) and
can still move up and one shot the wounded. With a decent reload time I can also take a hit and shoot back if pressed. The 120mm gun has taken some players by surprise
thinking after I'd shot they could rush me. Wrong move there princess. LOL.
Below are two pics. The first has my Waffletractor all dressed up in some 3D camo I just got. The 2nd camo skin comes from Aslain's mod pack. You should see tank turrets turn
to check that look out!
-----
9A6SPMp.jpg

----
hEzveh5.jpg

These are the "Happy Days" for (most of) WoT players. Kind of good news-bad news, but I think the good is really good.
First the bad. WoT nerfed all the HE shells, basically making them useless. All those great tanks with troll cannons now reside in my garage, likely never
to be driven again. I mean, I still have around 150 other tanks to drive around so it is not like these changes really have any affect on my game playing.
I just suffer a little bit of nostalgia when thinking of the KV-2, et al.
Next the good. This confuses me. Basically, I think WG tried to make the arty experience better with their complete redo of arty shells. Pretty sure arty players
would testify that it is/was a complete fail. I know for a fact that arty presence has dropped at least 50% in matchmaking due to the shells now being basically
harmless, at least to the point where any battle that has less than 3 arty (most of them) doesn't require player concern. What I mean is that now that arty has
almost disappeared the game has returned to World of Tanks, rather that World of Arty with Tanks. Well done WG!! Although I am pretty sure that was not your
intent.
And last, my new/old favorite tank, the Tier VIII Rhm-Borsig "Waffletractor". When I first got this I thought it was (and it was) awesome. Loved that huge alpha damage.
Unfortunately, power creep over the years generally rendered it obsolete. Nowadays, you can usually get one shot off and then get spotted and dead shortly thereafter.
However, I was looking a vid and saw that the player was using the smaller 128mm gun rather than the 150mm. The smaller gun benefits from a much faster reload time
(9.14 seconds v. 20 seconds) and shell velocity (1150 m/s v. 516 m/s). Of course, you lose the 750+/- alpha damage, but 490 alpha with that reload time is terrific! . The shell
velocity is the game changer. The 120mm gun allows me to stand off, use my camo (46.96!) and become the invisible sniper. Toward end game (assuming I'm still around) and
can still move up and one shot the wounded. With a decent reload time I can also take a hit and shoot back if pressed. The 120mm gun has taken some players by surprise
thinking after I'd shot they could rush me. Wrong move there princess. LOL.
Below are two pics. The first has my Waffletractor all dressed up in some 3D camo I just got. The 2nd camo skin comes from Aslain's mod pack. You should see tank turrets turn
to check that look out!
-----
9A6SPMp.jpg

----
hEzveh5.jpg
Too bad you can't add LED running lights under the side skirts......

Reactions: mTk
War Gaming is based in Cyprus.
They relocated to Nicosia in 2011.
Just sayin'.
-----
"On February 26, 2022, amidst the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Creative Director of Wargaming Sergey Burkatovskiy resigned from the company
due to his support for the war. Following his resignation, Wargaming made the statement that "Sergey is an employee of the company and expressed
his personal opinion, which categorically does not coincide with the position of the company. All our staff are now focused on helping our over 550
colleagues from Kiev and their families... Sergei's opinion is in complete contradiction with the company's position. He is no longer an employee of
Wargaming." - Wiki

Last edited:
Back