Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

World of Warships

Just what everyone needs ... another game to suck up all their time. Seriously, I have just started getting into WoW and am having some good fun.

Here is my Cruiser Class - USS St. Louis

Just bristling in guns. Not all that fast, but she doesn't need to be. She just shoots anyone who comes near.

Just like World of Tanks, it's a play for free game. If you want spend money to "enhance the experience," you can. But you do not need to.

I am still a noob, but if you are interested in some informative tutoring, you can check out Mighty Jingles and/or Quickybaby. They have some short videos on how to not suck. I found them helpful.

Yubari huh? She almost survived the war, but a US sub took her out...so how well do Long Lances work?

Barry aka HOA_KSOP aka ksbearski

Japanese torpedos have a much longer range that US torpedos. But the guns on the US Destroyers are much better than the guns on the Japanese Destroyers.

Yes, but that begs the follow up, is the Long Lance range better than US DD gun range? Weren't Long Lances capable of 36 km range at the lowest speed setting? Also, Japanese DD's where faster than US DD's, is that reflected in the game?

Yes, but that begs the follow up, is the Long Lance range better than US DD gun range? Weren't Long Lances capable of 36 km range at the lowest speed setting? Also, Japanese DD's where faster than US DD's, is that reflected in the game?

I think US DD gun range is comparable to the torp range ... varying from ship to ship. And yes. My experience is that the Japanese DDs are more maneuverable than US DDs.

Here is my Nagato sailing by.....

shot-16.02.10_17.44.37-0004.jpg

Hey Barry.

Rarely. My handle is Nort1.

The Mighty Jingles put out a vid many moons ago. I just never developed a taste for carrier play.
Not enough time in the day or not liking it ?

Tried carriers but when both my fighter groups jump one enemy group and both get shot down, I'm out!

Mort's good I hope.

Barry

Just not enough time. I like it ... not as much as WoTs ... but I like it.

So over the last week, I started playing again. I am at 43 and 7 for my last 50 games. Primarily playing DD's and CL/CA's. I like them so well I am going to sell my BB's.

Try playing CO-OP battles, quicker through the queue and like 8 ships per side. Some are bots, but it is good training.

Last edited:
Back