Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

WW2 ArmA 3

Josey Wales

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have created a WW2 scenario for ArmA 3 and will be running a session this coming Sunday 12th August at 13:00 BST.

Server name: JW FGM
Password: Josey Wales

The server can take 8 players max (not including me) so put your names down below.

Required mods are;

CBA_A3 - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450814997
CUP Terrains - Core - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583496184
IFA3_AIO_LITE - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660460283
WW2_OBJECTS - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937438041
I44_Terrains - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=867431642
IFA3_Terrains_Lite - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=867438623

Please ensure you have no other mods running.

Comms will be via in game VON (Voice Over Network) set to Direct

House rules;

1. No team killing
2. No shooting in the base/briefing area
3. No swearing

Gameplay will focus on tactical teamwork and good communications.

I will start the briefing at 13:05 BST. Please make sure you are on the server well before then so any connection issues can be sorted out prior to starting - especially if you are new to ArmA.

Booked players;

@Nelson1812
@Vartuoosi
@Concord
@Ithikial
@Bootie

Last edited:
Yes that's my calculation too @Ithikial

Well...I have downloaded the game and added the mods @Josey Wales suggested (first time downloading mods from Steam!)

CBA_A3
CUP Terrains - Core
IFA3_AIO_LITE
WW2_OBJECTS
I44_Terrains
IFA3_Terrains_Lite

I want to participate in this upcoming bash 4 hours from now, but I'm going out for dinner. Will see if I can make it back for the kick-off.

Yes that's my calculation too @Ithikial

Well...I have downloaded the game and added the mods @Josey Wales suggested (first time downloading mods from Steam!)

CBA_A3
CUP Terrains - Core
IFA3_AIO_LITE
WW2_OBJECTS
I44_Terrains
IFA3_Terrains_Lite

I want to participate in this upcoming bash 4 hours from now, but I'm going out for dinner. Will see if I can make it back for the kick-off.

@Concord its tomorrow its happening not in four hours.. unless Ive fallen into a deep coma and lost 24 hours of my life?

The easiest way to ensure you will be there at the right time is to google BST (British Summer Time) now and compare it to your time where you are. That way you can work out the difference.

BST is one hour ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) so the session will be at;

13:00 hrs BST which is 12:00 hrs GMT

Don't forget to advertise on the discord as well. You can use the @everyone tag when typing out your message to inform every member on the FGM discord. Best of luck to y'all!

@Rambler ideally those who wish to play in this session will need to let me know on this thread.

There are 8 slots and they will be allocated first to those on the list above.

Any additional players who turn up during the session will be on a first come first served basis until the slots are full.

Well THAT was very fun guys. My first foray into Arma3.
Thank you @Josey Wales for setting it up and running it.
Great to play with and talk with some fellow FGM members.

The graphics were great, including the soldiers and vehicles. Great atmosphere.
When our small squad was running across open ground it was hair raising.
Coming under fire even more so. We had some long range fights and right up close too.
During a couple of house-to-house firefights, I swear I could hear the Germans talking to each other in the next room.

@Nelson1812 our sniper silenced a German sniper that had us pinned down.
@Ithikial brewed up a German MG half-track with his bazooka.
@Vartuoosi had to administer his medic skills a few times with bullets whizzing around.
@Bootie tried to drive our ammo truck to us but took a wrong turn and had an unexpected tour of the Normandy beaches. ;)

Look forward to trying it again sometime.

Coming under fire even more so. We had some long range fights and right up close too.
During a couple of house-to-house firefights, I swear I could hear the Germans talking to each other in the next room.

@Vartuoosi had to administer his medic skills a few times with bullets whizzing around.
@Bootie tried to drive our ammo truck to us but took a wrong turn and had an unexpected tour of the Normandy beaches. ;)

If you where treated by Vart, check for your billfold, he is known to "charge a fee" for medical care.

Good for you guys. I'm glad it went well. Hope to see the video!

Back