Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

WWII QB Meeting Opponents

JoMac

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Looking for CMx2 WWII Opponents all Titles using 'House Rules'...Small QB Meetings.

Here are some 'House Rules' and 'Mods' to make CM feel a little more realistic and interesting. Let me know what you think of these below:

1. No Preplanned Arty (or Area-Fire from ground units) from Attacker or Defender on turn 1 of a Meeting. Player will need to Call-In- Arty normally. Attack/Defense Games are exempt as Attacker may call-in Preplanned Arty on turn 1.

2. Player will let the Computer AI choose what Targets to shoot at. However, you can still set Firing Arcs, and Area-Fire at any area on Map.

3. If a player checks LOS at a given Waypoint he must keep that waypoint for remainder of turn.

4. Vehicle Smoke Dischargers will be handled by Computer AI.

5. Turn Off Armor Detailed Hits.

6. Install Mandatory Mods...'RH Animation' Mod, 'RH Invisible Icons' Mods (However, only install the Axis mod if you are playing Allied, and vice-versa)...If you don't have these Mods, I can send them to you via Dropbox.

* Now, this is how I like to play small QBs (after I send you first game file)...Go to the purchase screen and make sure it's set as Formation, Infantry Only, Avg equipment, Green, High Motivation, -1 Leadership, Fit.
Then, only use the 'SUGGESTION' Box to have the AI purchase the Formation for you...Now, if you don't like that formation (after opening-up each Platoon/Company, etc) then you can click on that suggestion box again (several times if need be) until you find a formation you like, then purchase it. Any left over points are lost (can't use to purchase any single units).

Joe

Hi JoMac, could be interested in this... what do the Mods do... I don't want to necessarily affect other games I've got going. I'm not very Tech Savvy.

Hello Major Slaughter,

Many of the Mods make CM look a little more realistic, but some Mods I use make CM Feel a little more realistic.
The main Mod I use (Rockin Harry's) makes the enemy Icons invisible so that it makes it harder for you to paint a complete picture of enemy forces, etc.
The other Mod (also Rockin Harry's) gives the pixletruppen slightly different postures to help reduce casualties a little.
1). Medical attention now has the pixletruppen give aid while laying flat (instead of kneeling), another makes the Cowering pixletruppen lay Prone (instead of cowering in a fetal position). This will it harder for enemy player to know if your laying prone or cowering (since they are now the same posture).

You can always take the Mods in and out of 'Z Folder' when playing another opponent.

Last edited:
Ok Cool... I'm new to mods, so can you explain how to set them up and where to find them. I'd be happy to give a game ago using your house rules.

Ok, I will give you all the smaller Mods I have (which excludes Vehicle, Uniform, Terrain mods)...What is your Dropbox address and will send them over.
I will put the Mods in a Folder called 'Z Folder' that you will insert directly into your 'Data Folder'. Then, start-up couple games and play around to see how you like them.

Last edited:
I went ahead and sent a Dropbox request to your email: andy@neverboard.ie

Just take the whole 'Z Folder' and drop it into your 'Data Folder', then your done...Play a couple games against the AI to see how you like them.
The RH Mods mods, Special Effects Mods, and Invisible Icon Mods are mandatory, while the others are just to make the Game look better....Remember to only use the Axis Invisible Mod if playing Allied, and vice-versa.
You can use the Special Effects Mod, HQS Sound Mod, and RH Animation Mods in all your other WWII games (might work for Modern titles too).

Last edited:
Great Thanks - got the file and the Mods, can I just put this in one of the games ie. Fortress Italy for instance, so it will not affect games I have running with other players ? Happy if this is the case, as it means I can continue with normal play in games already started.

You can just drop the whole folder into CMBN now, but temporarily take out RH Animation mod, both CMBN Invisible mods, and the 'No Tracer' and 'Eliminate Red Cross' Mods from the 'Special Effects mod...At least until you are finish playing CMBN against opponents.

You can also just drop the whole 'Z Folder' into Fortress Italy ( as well as CMRT and CMFB), but take out all mod sub-folders that say anything CMBN.

Hi JoMac, Files seemed to have gone, not sure the problem, I can play CMBN with you and as you say - remove when playing others during the turns. If you still want to go ahead send us over another share - if not no problem.

Oops, I deleted the Mods, because I thought you already downloaded them...I will re-download them back in Dropbox.
Ok, will play a CMBN Small Scenario (I'm Germs you U.S.). I will send a Game File in Dropbox.

Last edited:
Ok, downloaded the files and they seem to be working fine so far... just need to get used to the look of things, but much better from what I've seen so far. I've sent back the file and will load the Axis Invisible Mod

Sounds good, and will send back a file sometimes tonight.

I accidentally deleted you from Dropbox, and so I reinserted back under 'Irish vs. Slaughter' that includes Text Document and both Game Files...Anyways, will try to return next Game tonight/tomorrow.

I went ahead and clarified 'House Rule' #3...Basically, it say's that if you make a Waypoint and use the LOS tool, then you can't delete that Waypoint until next turn.

I also changed the Dropbox folder to 'JoMac vs Slaughter'.

Last edited:
Yep... got that, hopefully, everything is OK. I've returned the next turn, I'll check the Dropbox to see it has been sent. I don't often use LOS, I just more the unit, one of the things I like about the house rules.

Got your new Game File, and will return tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks for the game, it was interesting... I think that if there was a couple of additions to the MOD, showing when your side is in combat or has made contact. I found it difficult unless I visited every group then spend time scanning what they see or are in combat! This is fine, but very time-consuming and not the level some players would like to play. But it was fun to try something new... much apprecated.

Hey Maj. Slaughter,

Yeah, the Invisible Icon Mods are good for a Company size engagement...It really works best (and more interesting and fun) if a player prints out a map of battlefield and placed where enemy units are/were on a turn by turn basis.
Let me know if still interested in another similar CMBN (minus the Invisible Icon Mods), but still using all other mods.

Joe

Back