Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

You gotta laugh.

You don't need to feel too sad for Nathangun! He got my tank in the next turn! :cry:

I forgot that the ground condition was "dry" and that therefore the BMP (which was supposed to knock out the ATGM) fired one salvo (which missed) and didn't fire again until it was too late because its LOS was obscured by its own dust cloud. :rolleyes: I'm still having some difficulties with this modern stuff, messing up a lot of shoots & scoots (even though the target line is clear, the gun doesn't fire...). 3 ATGMs of mine hit a tree trunk in this game (but Nathangun's ATGM incident clearly looks more funny ^^).

BMP is an excellent anti-infantry weapon (much less powerful against MBTs) but it is rather short-sighted. In order to make the best use of BMPs, you should avoid "direct targetting" orders and select "area fire with the 100mm main gun" instead.

BMP is an excellent anti-infantry weapon (much less powerful against MBTs) but it is rather short-sighted. In order to make the best use of BMPs, you should avoid "direct targetting" orders and select "area fire with the 100mm main gun" instead.

This is what I did. The "problem" was the dry ground. After the first area-target salvo (which failed to take out the ATGM team), the dust thrown up by the first salvo delayed/canceled the second salvo, which allowed the ATGM team to fire another (fatal) missile. I forgot about the dust and relied on the BMP to do the job (so I did not retreat the tank). I payed dearly. ;)

Back