Your favourite Marching Song?

Sempai

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Dear guys,

I would much appreciate it if each one of You (or at least each one who is interested in military music) post his favourite marching song and/or march here at that thread. If possible with video and lyrics. If not at least the correct title(s). Would help me much to better our military music section a bit.
For me it is often very difficult to find foreign (not german) marches and marching songs because I speak not all of the languages of our members - not to mention I don´t know so many foreign military titles. And so I often can´t decide if it is really a military march or song - or some dumb cover etc.

I hope I could make me understandable.

Greetings :)

Louis

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
San Lorenzo march

The San Lorenzo march is an Argentine military march, whose lyrics celebrate the role played by the Regiment of Mounted Grenadiers commanded by José de San Martín at the Battle of San Lorenzo during the Argentine War of Independence. Special mention receives the heroic sargeant Juan Bautista Cabral.-

The Argentine Army, in the pre-Nazi era, gave the March of San Lorenzo to the German Army as a token of friendship, and in return he gave us the go "Alten Kameraden" (Old Comrades).-

During World War II, the March of San Lorenzo was played in Paris by the Germans when they entered the Arc de Triomphe in the city and also General Dwight Eisenhower was run when the allied army entered Paris to release .-

English translation

Phoebus rises, and now his rays
light up the historic convent.
Behind its walls, the muffled sounds
of steeds and steel can be heard.
They are the hosts being prepared
by San Martín to fight in San Lorenzo.
Then the clarion stridently sounded
and the voice of the great chief
ordered the charge.

The enemy advances
at redoubled path,
To the wind deployed
their red banner.
To the wind deployed
their red banner.
And our grenadiers
allied with glory
write down in history
their best page.
Write down in history
their best page.-

Cabral, heroic soldier,
was covered in glory
and as price for that victory
he gave up his life, becoming immortal.
And there his boldness saved
the raising freedom
of half a continent.
Honour, honour to great Cabral!

(interlude and repeat last 4 lines)

Sempai

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Thank You very much, Louis! Feel free to post more of that stuff if You like to. We have no argentinia section at the moment but as I told our comrade aluette - if the number of marches or similar reaches the number 10 I will Bootie ask to make a new section for that country. Till to that moment I´ll move the march into the US section. Hope that is OK for You.

Greetings :)