Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

1/48 Monogram Phantom II

Oh I'll source something.

We had a much bigger flood a year and a half ago, and learned a few things from that, so not much damage done this time. A few kit boxes got soaked, but the ones in contact with the floor were nearly all with everything still sealed in plastic bags. The Phantom box was an exception...someone had just put it on the floor for some reason, and the plastic bag was unsealed...just meant to stop other parts damaging the decals.

Anyways, I'm not going to junk it...put far too much work into it for that. Will give the sheet plenty of time and then peel the pastic away from the decals...hopefully they will stick to the decal sheet and not the plastic. Otherwise I'll get some aftermarket stuff one day.

I will sniff around some of my favorite modelling spots and see if there is anything out there for a decent cost.

All but completed....

Weapons on....undercarriage attached.....looking pretty good

2011_0604Minecraft0006.jpg

As an end user of this aircraft, I can personally attest for it's awe inspiring capabilities, as well as the steel balls of their aircrews. Im sure glad SA-7s weren't around.

I confess to being a bit jealous of anyone that can do jets/planes etc. I've proven time and again that I can only do ships and tanks and the occasional wheeled vehicle. I cannot do cockpits and glass.

very nice jet you have there.

All done...

...more or less, anyway. Some of the decals need a bit of work to prick them with a needle and soak with varnish, as they have some air trapped under them.

Man, that took a lot of work with all the sanding and fitting and sanding and sanding and fitting....I'm very proud of the finished result, though.

2011_0604Minecraft0007.jpg

2011_0604Minecraft0004.jpg

Very nice work McIvan. A lot of work went into it and it shows.

Back