Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

1st Feb, Sunday OP 12:30 GMT

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
zFpDib.jpg

Mission Brief

Osprey is to deploy to Canada. Operational objective is to secure a high value target who is believed to be held against their will by a private force. Deployment will be somewhere in the area of Hudson Bay.

Pack you winter gear gentlemen. People need to step up for the below mission critical roles. I'll send through mission specifics to Squad Commander.

Squad Commander – Septic Limb
Sniper – Rambler
Spotter – DoubleD

Mods required (13)

@AGM
@AllInArmaTerrainPack
@CBA_A3
@jsrs3 (@JSRS2 if prefered) (Optional)
@mas_nato_rus_sf_veh
@mcc_sandbox
@namalsk_lite
@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons
@st_stamina_bar (optional)
@sthud_a3 (optional)
@task_force_radio
@TPWCAS_A3
@UK_SFTG_A3

Last edited:
I am not a sniper but can fill in the SL role if there is no interest from anyone else.

I checked dependencies but maybe I missed something. Happy if someone can check and post a confirm, just stepping out to dinner so can't do it now and gonna be too drunk later :confused:

Got the mission brief from Double and it looks like this ones going to be intense.

Just finished up some sniper rifle testing on the range we used last week. When we were target shooting, I felt there was something really off about the scopes (other than the fact you can't actually use the mil dots to estimate range). Turns out there's a bug with them, specifically with elevation, when you first start shooting. I'll use the .30 cal rifle as an example (the issue is the same for the .50 cal, although the clicks are different). When beginning to shoot the .30 cal at a target 1000m away, you'll find you have to add 290m on top of the 1000m of elevation to hit paper (an elevation setting of 12.9). However, if you adjust the windage a click after firing a few mags your shots sail over the target. Once that happens, you have to lower your elevation to 10.6 to hit paper again.

Double, since I presume long range shots will play a role in today's mission, can you add a range with a target out at 1000m so I can fix the bug before we start (500m should work too if there's not enough space)?

For future reference, here are the elevation settings that hit center mass at 1000m with both the .30 and .50 cal:

Initial Scope Settings @ 1000m
.30 Caliber Rifle
Elevation: 12.9
Windage: +/-.3 to Kestrel reading (If reading is negative add .3. If positive, subtract .3)

.50 Caliber Rifle
Elevation: 11.5
Windage: +/- .4 to Kestrel reading (If reading is negative add .4. If positive, subtract .4)

Final Scope Settings @ 1000m (After bug is fixed)
.30 Caliber Rifle
Elevation: 10.6
Windage: +/-.3 to Kestrel reading (If reading is negative add .3. If positive, subtract .3)

.50 Caliber Rifle
Elevation: 9.5

Last edited:
Doesn't @UK_SFTG_A3 require NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Vehicles?

Added to mod list. With the new PW6 it's not so easy to see dependencies. Thanks to Vart for spotting this.

Double, since I presume long range shots will play a role in today's mission, can you add a range with a target out at 1000m so I can fix the bug before we start (500m should work too if there's not enough space)?

No chance for a range on this mission. You'll see why as we deploy. You will have to work it out on the fly :eek:

Once again, another enjoyable mission from DoubleD! A few screens from Osprey 2's point of view.

A mountain looms out of the early morning darkness as we approach our infiltration point. Yep, we get to climb it and set up a homey little sniper/spotter's nest.
O5fawc6.jpg

"Will somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?"
sQdOvTn.jpg

Setting up shop and deploying a UAV.
tnozV11.jpg

While Osprey 1 fights for their lives in the compound on the mountain across the way, we get to enjoy a nice sunrise on the Hudson Bay.
8m7F3ue.jpg

With the HVT deciding to join his captors and consequently eliminated by Osprey 1, it's time to exfiltrate. Back down the mountain we go.
lBmPBbG.jpg

Back in the boat, heading toward open sea.
YMxJKhT.jpg

Rendezvous with Osprey 1 at the rally point. It appears they decided to fish for their breakfast with grenades...
mjxG6Fm.jpg

Back