Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

2-on-2 Team Game ... Any takers?

I'm up for this ... but sadly no partner to bring with me :(

If another "single" is interested, I'm OK to team up with them if they are OK also.

Any details? You talking about playing one game at a time, but splitting units / command on each side and doing "part turns" among team members before submitting a file across, etc?

Or running two games at once, one per team member?

I'm up for this ... but sadly no partner to bring with me :(

If another "single" is interested, I'm OK to team up with them if they are OK also.

Any details? You talking about playing one game at a time, but splitting units / command on each side and doing "part turns" among team members before submitting a file across, etc?

Or running two games at once, one per team member?

Probably talking about the former ... wish I had time for this kind of thing ... used to be fun in CMx1.

PhilM and Bill ... You're a team.

First, we agree on a scenario that is big enough for both teammates to have ample to do. We are open to suggestions.

Then, yes, one game with units split amongst teammates. Teams decide amongst themselves how they wish to divvy up commands. Then one player plays his guys, saves the turn, the second guy plays his units, then the second guy ends the turn. Then the turn is sent over to the opponents, who repeat the process.

If this sounds good, let us know if you would like CMBN, CMRT, or what.

Looking forward to this.

I am receiving word that the CMRT patch 1.02 is buggy, and the games are not loading properly. Specifically, the load screen hangs up at 26%. I suspect we will be receiving a fix from BF for this problem shortly.

In the meantime, I suggest we either go with CMBN or CMFI. What does everybody think?

All good stuff!

At the risk of jinxing myself, all of my patches and upgrades have worked without problem ... so I have CMRT v1.02, CMBN v3.11 incl VP, and CMFI incl GL at v1.10 ... all the latest versions and modules / packs, all working fine ...

I'm easy as to which we play ... if I had to choose, because I haven't played it much recently I'd go for CMFI ... but no big deal.

I now spend a fair bit of my game time playing PBEM QBs, and so haven't done a lot of the scenarios: are we bothered about choosing one that is new to all of us, to keep some FoW?

And, given the need to split command, do we need a scenario which has forces that lend themselves to be split for command?

Though - thinking out loud here - would it work for me and Bill (if Bill wants to!) to split the command chain horizontally rather than vertically? Meaning, one of us does the high level commands, indicating avenues of approach or defence for HQ units, and the other does the detailed "fighting" of the tactical positions, following the orders (or trying to!) of the higher level commander ....?? Don't know if that would work or not!

For team games the point is kind of have to rely on your team mate to perform successfully tactically while you try to do the same with your allotted pixeltruppen.
I've never played one splitting command responsibilities as you suggest and don't care for the idea, but I give you an "A" for originality. :)

Also, don't have much interest in CMFI. That is unless your team wants to play Italian.

This all sounds good. mTk and I are all patched up too.

CMFI would be fine. To be honest, I have played one small scenario. The way I envision mTk and I doing this, as far as splitting commands, is that he will take one flank and I will take the other. But to each his own. Whatever you want to do that gives you the most enjoyment.

Let's give some consideration to possible CMFI scenarios that are big enough to keep two people busy.

As mTk doesn't much like CMFI, I don't want to push that ... but it doesn't have to mean Italians as the Axis forces ...

CMBN is a good choice. Plenty of good maps to choose from.

Can play CMFI in same format if all works out.

My turn rate is good for any size battle. So size of battle will not be a problem for me.

I will play Axis or Allies.

May be we should choose a battle (the editor could be used to alter the units to our liking) in which both sides have the option of moving. Sometimes a defending battle does not give the defending side the option of moving. The defending side ends up just waiting for the other side to attack.

Back