Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

3 CMRT Installs ("regular summer", Winter Mod and Winter Mod QB)

K

kohlenklau

I am not sure who if anyone here is enjoying the CMRT Winter Mod. I hope someone is having fun with it. It keeps getting better and better and the feedback so far has been only positive. We have a new sound mod, new tweaked terrain that makes the snow look great and the vehicle mods are coming in fairly steady. Also we are making scenarios for the mod. On the horizon is a complete QB enabled system for the winter mod. All for zero pennies! Maybe the polite folks are not saying bad things like Mom taught them? :D Anyway, here is my latest plan on how you all can get your cake and eat it too. And not just two, but eat it three!

For the best of the CMRT Winter Mod, you should have 3 installs. For PC, all 3 under Program Files (x86).

#1. The original one you will have called CMRT. It has a data folder and in that a z folder stuffed probably with Aris's mods. This is for normal summer time Bagration battles.

#2. CMRT Winter Mod: that you should have created using my instructions at the bottom down below. This has a data folder with a z folder and in that should be [snow] and other winter specific tagged mods and you can play CMRT Winter Mod scenarios written by other people and things happen properly per the author's plan and if you have the mods downloaded. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY SOME COOL WINTER SCENARIOS, MAYBE EVEN SOMEDAY SOME COOL **WINTER CAMPAIGNS** THEN YOU MUST MAKE THIS INSTALL USING THE GUIDE. No activation is required. No key. No licensing again. Just a copy and paste and some moving of mods and such. Maybe 6GB more HD space consumed and it takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes if you are good with windows and folders. Plus you can install a special dedicated easy to see desktop shortcut for this install to start up.

#3. CMRT Winter Mod QB Enabler: This has a data folder and a z folder BUT the mods in here have no modtags and are default terrain so any and all maps can be shown as winter. QB doesn't process modtags! For vehicles also the whitewash mod is put here but WITHOUT a modtag. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY SOME COOL WINTER QUICK BATTLES AGAINST THE AI OR YOUR HUMAN OPPONENT, THEN YOU MUST MAKE THIS INSTALL USING THE GUIDE. No activation is required. Just a copy and paste and some moving of mods and such. Another 6GB or so of HD space, maybe 5 to 10 minutes if you are good with windows and folders. Plus you make a special dedicated desktop shortcut for this install to start up.

Each of the desktop shortcuts can have a different icon so you never get confused.

Scenarios always still go to the game files folder in my documents. The z folder in my documents is now only used for "common use mods" such as unit icons, etc.

Note: Below is version 1.0 of the procedure. Nothing to do with version number of CMRT.

Back