Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

6th July, Sunday Op 13:30 BST - Reshmaan

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Regional update;

NATO hold firm and consolidate their defences in the western side of Fallujah. CSAT forces have halted their advance at the eastern outskirts of the city. A number of emergency UN meetings have been held between various member states as a political resolution to the escalating conflict is sought. Local Kurdish militia forces in and around the city have started to form up, with minor clashes between rebel and militia destabilising the region further.

Situational update;

We have seen a marked increase in CSAT activity in the Reshmaan region since our destruction of the two bridges which has meant the team have had limited opportunity to restock supplies and we are starting to run low on the basics. Our expectation is that additional CSAT forces have been redirected to find us to prevent any further damage.

Mission brief;

Over the last few days it has been noted that there is a regular helicopter flight from the Pakistani FOB to the Iranian. They seem to take the same flight path and fly over on roughly the same schedule. This is a sure sign of complacency and if we were able to hit CSAT forces in the air it would be a major victory, and have a real impact upon the perceived CSAT dominance in the area. We lack any AA weaponry at the moment, however there is a AA nest to our south west. It is small, but heavily armed with static AA, and 50 cal. HMG. If we can hit it hard and fast we may be able to overwhelm the forces there and steal the AA weaponry needed to take down the helicopter flight.

We will need to avoid contact moving to the nest, then hit and quickly gather the equipment and run to a pre-identified location roughly on the flight path. We then wait and cross fingers CSAT doesn't change it's flight schedule.

Mods required
@A3MP (ver 1.4)
@CBA_A3 (ver 1.0.6.212)
@Alive (ver 0.6.8.1406181)
@CAF_AG (ver 1.5.2)
@mad_build (ver 0.8.0)
@mad_resh (ver 0.8.0)
@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons (ver 1.2)
@task_force_radio (0.9.2)
@JSRS2 (ver 2.1)
@TPWCAS_A3 (ver 5.5)

Optional
@BlastCore_A3 (ver 0.3)
@mrb_a3_voicestop (ver 1.4)
@outlw_magrepack (ver 3.1.0)
@sthud_a3 (ver 14.3.2)
@VTS_WeaponResting (ver 0.5)

Roles and allocation
Squad Lead - Ithikial
Paramedic - Nelson
Engineer - Vart
JTAC \ Signals - DoubleD
Fire Team Lead - Cohort
Light Machine Gun - Septic
Anti Tank - Nathan
Marksman -

Last edited:
I've added a new mod to the list @TPWCAS_A3. It is in playwithsix or can be found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthre...-System-suggestions-comments-ideas-discussion

For me one of the largest gaps in ARMA 3 is the inability to supress the AI. This mod interacts with the AI to make them take to the ground under suppressive fire and reduces their skills whilst supressed. It's not perfect, but under testing its quite effective. Suppressive fire has to be suppressive fire, not one or two shots and also a pistol doesn't work. Also, over time it does reveal one's location to the enemy. I think all of this adds further realism so I plan to run it this weekend for further 'live' testing.

As a secondary benefit, we will also see the effects of AI suppression. Your screen will slowly become blurry, and your aim becomes more difficult. All of this combined should give more realistic fire fights and add a further tactical aspect to the game play.

I'll be out with Mrs C all day on the Sunday so I'll have to miss this one.

Back