Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Any Czech members?

All I remember is the pour your beer pubs. That and watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince at around midnight in an English speaking cinema. Our tour group was absolutely wrecked by the time we go to this part of our 6 week trip.

The main shopping strip near 'Čelakovského sady' in Praha 1 - good place.

Prague is a very pretty city although extremely crowded with tourists. Because it is relatively small it feels even more crowded then Paris.

The famous "must see" Charles bridge especially is full of people. Advice is to visit that in the evening. Less tourists and pretty with all the lights.

Prague is a very pretty city although extremely crowded with tourists. Because it is relatively small it feels even more crowded then Paris.

The famous "must see" Charles bridge especially is full of people. Advice is to visit that in the evening. Less tourists and pretty with all the lights.
Forgot about the bridge. Definitely a must in the evening/night.

And the pilsner beer (I think "lager" for the English) is very, very good in the Czech Republic. And not too expensive, so beware because it os stronger then it usually is in England.

And the pilsner beer (I think "lager" for the English) is very, very good in the Czech Republic. And not too expensive, so beware because it os stronger then it usually is in England.
Isn't thar the case across Europe? Always remember it was the Americans travelling with us that got tipsy the quickest. As a Dublin cab driver said to me later, 'they go from Bud Lights to proper stuff overnight and just can't hack it.'

"normal" beer is in continental North West and Middle Europe from around 4.8 to 5.3% alcohol (depends on the original gravity of the beer; higher is also more alcohol). And it tastes like beer too. If you compare the Czech Budvar with the American Bud you'll find it isn't really a comparison: one tastes like beer the other doesn't. Just bland.

"normal" beer is in continental North West and Middle Europe from around 4.8 to 5.3% alcohol (depends on the original gravity of the beer; higher is also more alcohol). And it tastes like beer too. If you compare the Czech Budvar with the American Bud you'll find it isn't really a comparison: one tastes like beer the other doesn't. Just bland.

Yeah those percentages are about on par with local beer here in Australia, even though most of our beer consumption (which overall is falling) is now directed at imports rather than local brands. (Excluding boutique beers). Yeah we have formal statistics on alcohol consumption and sales figures released by our central statistics agency. :)

Isn't thar the case across Europe? Always remember it was the Americans travelling with us that got tipsy the quickest. As a Dublin cab driver said to me later, 'they go from Bud Lights to proper stuff overnight and just can't hack it.'
Your cabby was confused. We drink 24 Bud Lights at a time and stretch it out over an evening and therefor don't get drunk and puke.

Reminds me of a time I was in Ukraine with a few of my wife's old friends. They didn't speak much English and kept muttering the word "cocktail" and taking a shot of brown vodka. I was drinking with them shot for shot and ended up having to keep one of their heads out of the crapper as he puked his guts out and had to help the other one from falling in the bushes. My wife told me later that they were laughing at how drunk they were going to make me since all I could drink was "cocktails"... They had a new found respect of American drinking ability the next day. Cheeers!!

Back