Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Anyone else having trouble with the Matrix Games tournament?

Stafford

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I signed up for the Matrix Games tournament, got matched up with an opponent, set up my first turn and then.... nothing?

Anyone else had the same experience?

Found another problem, in a mirror match with my opponent, start to get the better of him.... aaaand the turns stop coming.

Wonder how the tourney organisers intend to deal with this, if they hand out draws for unfinished (or unstarted) games there isn't going to be too many games completed.

Two turns a day until we get to last ten minutes in both games and then nothing for the last 5 days
Yeah, in same boat. CMCW battle is going very well. WhiteRhino88 is on point with turns. CMBN was going well but syleril quit sending turns right after I KO'd Barkman. Hopefully just a coincidence and he is just busy at the moment. CMRT with sonicgun has been a dud. I did not get a file until a week after tourney start and then have not seen one since.

I signed up for the Matrix Games tournament, got matched up with an opponent, set up my first turn and then.... nothing?

Anyone else had the same experience?
It happened to me. Besides, it was my first pbem++ ever and I wasn't sure if i messed up something, there was a problem...I had to ask in Matrix forums. In my first round I didn't get to play not the first turn nor even see the scenario. Thankfully this second round I got someone who sends turns quite regularly

The hard part is not having one place where we can contact your opponent to see if there are an issues.

Matrix needs a spot where you can put in a note on the bottom of the "show scores" page off the main tournament page. then we could at least leave a note for our competitor if we are having difficulty. This will fix their "we won't give out email addresses" privacy issue and everybody knows where to look instead of all over the place.

Hm seems like the writing adds up to my concerns about the pbem++ System.

I have the slight feeling since everything is more anonymous now we probably will have more rage quitters.
Lack of communication is a big nono for me.
Part of the fun is to review the turns with the opponent and laugh how stupid each others soldiers were. :D

A problem that occured to me while using the system is that I could not save in between the turns without demolishing the whole game. No problem on small battles but on bigger defence maps it is often hard for me to plan everything in one go.

The thing is that CM doesnt even told me that something is wrong. For the game it was my opponents turn.
I just figured it out when my opponent contacted me about the missing turn of mine.

So I guess I keep playing classic pbem for now.

There is no better place for CM tourneys, of any sort, other than FGM.

And this statement is not an exaggeration, 17+ years of online CM experience, in various sites, had proven that to me.

As for Matrix Games tournaments finishing in top 4 is not a matter of skills but of luck, as if you are against an opponent that actually plays and finishes the battles then it is highly probable to finish as a top player.

Back