Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ARMA II MOD - DAYZ

eniced73

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
This should give you a reason to fire ARMA back up. Looks pretty interesting. The site looks like it is offline right now (I seen somewhere that they are transferring like we did). I will dl and try out once it is back online.

I have been looking at 'left 4 dead 2" and "dead island". Anyone have information on these?

Let us know how you get on.. I haven't a lot of time at the moment.
My summer vacation begins next week so I have time. I guess I'll just throw this in with the Fallout marathon I've been planning to do. I'll play through Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.

What about Fallout III
Because I hate that game with fiery passion of a thousand suns. Little Lamplight still haunts me, god I hate kids so much.
Maybe I should add the Spoiler Warning let's play of FO 3 to my list. That LP was the only good thing to come out of FO 3.
Here's a link to the Spoiler Warning site:
http://www.shamusyoung.com/spoilerwarning/

Whats the website... I scroll down to Fallout 3 but where do I click to see the article.. or is there not one.
The episodes are listed on the right and there is no article, these LP's consist of videos of the guys playing through the game and commenting on what's happening.

Alright. Loaded up the DayZ mod with some minimal problems. Eventually got it to work though. First impression is not a good one. I believe the game follows the sun/moon cycle of where the server is located. So when I joined it was night time. The game was so dark I could hardly see anything. Adjusting your screen brightness might help? Not sure. I am also pretty sure the map function does not work in this mod. Hitting 'm' does not bring it up. I guess you are supposed to know the map by heart or have a copy sitting next to you. Being a noob I sort of wandered around aimlessly while trying to group up with chattering people that I could not find. You only start with a hand gun and can acquire different weapons as you find them on the ground in large towns. Unfortunately this is where the majority of 'infected' are. Once they see you or hear you you better kill them and then hide. They are fast and will hunt you down. Playing at night you can hear them coming and then 'WHAM' you are getting bitten and clawed by things you can hardly see. You do have flares but setting one off is like moths to a porch light.

I will try out a server that is in its day cycle tonight. I guess I was expecting more of a serious sam / left 4 dead sort of shoot em up. Should of known it would not be like this since ARMA is a more realistic shooter. From scanning the forums it looks like you can repair old vehicles by using parts you find. Going to have to try that out. Will keep you updated.

Do not waste your time on this yet. I have been trying to get on the servers to play and am having a hell of a time connecting. I have all the necessary files, updates, etc... but have trouble 9 out of 10 tries. Looking at the forums others are experiencing the same thing. These problems are not worth the effort -- the mod is not that good in my opinion.

I reinstalled ARMA2 to try out DayZ and haven't been able to log onto a server or get the mod itself to work properly. There's just so many different versions being released on an almost daily basis the chances of getting a match up to what yo uhave installed is slim. If they incorporate DayZ into a solid release I'll have another look.

It does look cool.

Back