Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

Nine(!) necrosavants (vampires) is quite a challenge. I had to turtle up my archers at the beginning otherwise the necs would teleport behind me and kill them. Necs have high evasion and are very hard to hit. They also have the "Nine Lives" perk which means they always survive the first killing blow. They also gain health back whenever they cause bleeding wounds. Tough and nasty.

Couple of things to note. You may notice in the above battle that I almost always have my men swing or shoot at a Necrosavant if there is one in range, no matter how many Ancient Auxiliary targets are available. That's because the Necs are a FAR greater threat than the AAs, which are basically just cannon fodder at this point in the game, often going down with just one solid hit by a two handed weapon.

Secondly, the bone plating shoulder armor add on (crafted) you see on all three of my archers is ablative. It absorbs the first melee hit they receive, one time per battle. Good armor for bowmen, but not so great for melee fighters who take multiple hits each battle.

@Bulletpoint the Bullheaded receives

exquisitebrutalizer.jpg

replacing

sirkonradsskullcracker.jpg

which makes old Bulletpoint the only man in our company currently wielding a one handed weapon. I believe this was a good trade because his new weapon is a three headed flail, which gives him up to three hits per swing. I could give him a shield now, but I would rather not because then he would lose "double grip" which gives him a +25% damage bonus for wielding a one handed weapon with both hands.

doublegrip.jpg

Yes, I love to min/max. :)

Here is an example of a bog standard three headed flail, for comparison:

threeheadedflail.jpg

Our guys keep gaining XP, but I don't recall seeing anyone level up recently.
How's that work?
Well as far as XP earned, it has to be a function of how tough your oppo's are, the type of oppo. For eg., in that last battle, both MG and Bloody Barry had 4 kills, but he had about 100 more XP. I am assuming because all of Barry's kills were the Ancient Auxiliaries, but MG killed one of the Undead Savants. Other than that I know dip about the leveling.

Well as far as XP earned, it has to be a function of how tough your oppo's are, the type of oppo. For eg., in that last battle, both MG and Bloody Barry had 4 kills, but he had about 100 more XP. I am assuming because all of Barry's kills were the Ancient Auxiliaries, but MG killed one of the Undead Savants. Other than that I know dip about the leveling.

They way I understand it, each opponent killed, depending on their difficulty, awards a certain amount of XP. I don't believe the amount of XP awarded per kill has anything to do with the level of the battle brother receiving the XP. That amount is fixed.

There is also shared XP, which essentially means that winning a battle awards a certain amount of XP to each brother in the company, regardless of their individual number of kills.

I don't bother myself with memorizing all the details. What it boils down to is winning battles = everyone receives XP. In addition, each individual brother receives additional XP for striking the killing blow on an opponent.

Edit:

Oh, and the higher level each individual brother is, the more XP it takes to level up. This seems to go up by an almost exponential factor, from my observations. All the brothers in our FGM company are at least level 20 now, and I think the level cap is currently 33. There is a mod that raises the level cap way above that, and I'm probably going to install it once we approach close to 33.

Back