Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Booties trips....

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Guys... on Friday Im of to the Czech Republic for a couple of days (back Sunday night) and will be taking in some WW2 stuff and if time permits the KGB museum.

However Im planning in November to head to Singapore to spend a nice week with the wife to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I will however be taking a couple of days out to follow the WW2 Singapore trail.... 50 WW2 sites. I will be following this book.

http://www.nhb.gov.sg/~/media/nhb/files/places/trails/world war ii/wwii-text.pdf?la=en

Have any of you been to Singapore?

Believe it or not the wife got 2 free worldwide tickets from Qatar Airways to use to fly to anywhere in the world with the only condition being it is from their main hub in Doha... so will be driving to Edinburgh, flying to Doha and then heading another 7 hours east to Singapore. All its costing is spending money and hotel fees which my wife gets cheap anyways due to her working in the Oil travel/accomodation industry. Certainly landed on our feet there. :)

Have any of you been to Singapore?

Yes, but a long time ago - 1989. We had fun buying cheap fake watches and other things and did a lot of walking in various gardens. It was a nice vacation. My big take away on the first day was no J-walking for us - we kept looking the wrong way and nearly stepping out into traffic. That probably will not be a problem for you though :)

Believe it or not the wife got 2 free worldwide tickets from Qatar Airways to use to fly to anywhere in the world with the only condition being it is from their main hub in Doha... so will be driving to Edinburgh, flying to Doha and then heading another 7 hours east to Singapore. All its costing is spending money and hotel fees which my wife gets cheap anyways due to her working in the Oil travel/accomodation industry. Certainly landed on our feet there. :)
You just can't go wrong there mate......Those Free tickets, worth there weight in Gold.....Hope they are first class, perhaps that might be asking to much :)

Of course that is fine opportunity to travel far!
What is the fascination with Singapore for you? I've been there for a few days as a tourist some 12 years ago and found it clean, spacious and warm, but also very Western. If you want to shop, it is great.
But for a real difference in culture I think Vietnam, Indonesia and/or Hongkong are better choices. But not as many sites/sights off WW2 heritage.

Of course that is fine opportunity to travel far!
What is the fascination with Singapore for you? I've been there for a few days as a tourist some 12 years ago and found it clean, spacious and warm, but also very Western. If you want to shop, it is great.
But for a real difference in culture I think Vietnam, Indonesia and/or Hongkong are better choices. But not as many sites/sights off WW2 heritage.
Well it caters fo rme and the wife... she likes lying by the pool and at the beach which bores the crap out of me so she can go do that and I can head of with me backpack on to do some WW2 sight seeing. I did try to get her to Vietnam but she wasnt buying it... also out of our possible destinations in the mid to far east it was one of the 'safer' alternatives. LOL

Well it caters fo rme and the wife... she likes lying by the pool and at the beach which bores the crap out of me so she can go do that and I can head of with me backpack on to do some WW2 sight seeing. I did try to get her to Vietnam but she wasnt buying it... also out of our possible destinations in the mid to far east it was one of the 'safer' alternatives. LOL

It certainly is safer then any of the others!

On Saturday I was going to head to the spot where Heydrich was assassinated but after a bit of research it bears no resemblance and has a motorway over it now so pretty pointless... I will be going to the resistance hideout, Zizkov Military museum and a WW2 walking tour instead... then I will be getting gloriously drunk. :O)

Back