Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Christmas Present "Fields Warriors Tournaments"

Also new is there will be 5 points awarded for those teams that get done in advance of the scheduled time for a match.
Is the “scheduled” time going to take into account time zone differences?

If I am playing someone in Australia or New Zealand or someone in PST then there is not much chance of doing more than one turn a day, so we’re unlikely to get this bonus. In that case players in the same time zone could have a distinct advantage unless some special considerations are made

Is the “scheduled” time going to take into account time zone differences?

If I am playing someone in Australia or New Zealand or someone in PST then there is not much chance of doing more than one turn a day, so we’re unlikely to get this bonus. In that case players in the same time zone could have a distinct advantage unless some special considerations are made

you are correct and there is no way fairness is a part of this concept, just getting matched up against someone else that is playing slow will lose the 5 points for you and will cost them 5 additional points.

But as for gaining the 5 points, even in a match where a time zone issue is, you are still going to have a chance to make one turn a day at the most, that task will be possible, so in theory you could be done before the set time.

I always give a few days for set up when the files go out. I then give a week for every five turnes. So in a 30 turn game that is 6 weeks.
In the past I have been telling you guys the goal date and been using that as a way to try and keep the matches flowing.
But each tournament has been getting slower each time and players have been pushing slow play limits more and more.

So this is my way to provide some incentive without it being too harsh or impacting outcomes too drastically.
The goal is to incourage fast play, I would not be doing it if I did not think we have a problem with some players.

Hi again, @SlySniper -
If you have room, I'd like to participate in the CMBN edition. I have all the modules for that one.
My schedule looks good with a bit less work travel this year, and Operation Konrad requiring minimum work to compete for time.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

About when do you think you'll start a sign up thread?

It seems people are signing up here. But yes, I will post a list of those in this tread that have wanted in and make a official thread for sign ups.

I am hoping to find some spare time during the holidays to get this rolling.

It appears I will start the CMSF Tournament first since I have the first battle close to ready.

Hi Gunner,
I would like to be in your BN and SF2 tournaments.
Next year from March my sending rate will be slower: one round per day, or 2 rounds per day, 1 for each game.

I'll only be back in country 1-1-24, but interested to pick up CM again. I'll check in and see if I can join by that time.

Greetings from sunny Malaysia!

Back