Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN Mods

One thing is you have to restart the game to have it register new files. ALT+TAB doesn't work in this case, the game has to be exited if you add new files while it is running.

Simply create a "Z" folder inside your "Data" folder and move all unpacked files (either BMP, WAV or BRZ) there and restart the game. Unless you haven't accidentally doubled stuff, the mods will automatically work.

If you need help, tell me which mod you want to install and I'll explain in detail.

Ok I exploded the files in the correct folder, now when I exploded them they have their own folders do I take them out of these folders and place all the files in Z?

Bootie is correct - if you want a mod to "override" another, simply delete the older one from the "Z" folder.

If you have MAC - no mods unfortunately
for win - check manual there is special program in game for mods
I have a magnificent Imac and checked my manual. Could you remind me about this program for mods?
thanks

I have a magnificent Imac and checked my manual. Could you remind me about this program for mods?

I think he's referring to the"RezPack" and "RezExplode" EXEs - those allow to pack and unpack BRZ files which happen to be the standard format for all game data. You thus can unpack the whole game and modify all WAV and BMP files and pack them again after you've modified stuff. Not possible on the Mac, though, because the Mac version's missing those EXEs.

That would make sense, but given how many mods I have installed already it might be hard to discern which one to remove.

MtK what I have done is kept all the mods I have downloaded in a folder. I unpack them and move them into the 'z' folder. If i wish to remove one I simply open the aforementioned saved zip file and view which .brz files I moved across for that mod and delete them from the z folder. :)

I have installed a very good Mod for Flames, smoke , explosions and gun flashes . You can find it at Battle front Veins has made these mods and they are very good.

Reading through the thread I cannot believe the "z-bee mod manager" has not been mentioned. Go to battlefronts repository and DL. It is very easy to use and allows you to pick and choose which mods you want to install. Just make sure two do not conflict with each other.

Never seen that I will have a look, thanks for the info

-- well ! I just red that there is no possible to mod MAC version :)
You've said this twice so far in this thread and it's simply untrue. All of the mods I've seen so far work just fine with the Mac version of the game. I'm running most of Vein's mods (except the tracers), Bil's updated branch and rank insignia, different unit bases, etc. on CMBN running on my iMac. The only difference between using mods on the Mac and using them on Windows is that you have to browse the .app file itself and install the mods in the Data folder there. It's not even an extra step, just a different one.

The one caveat is that you can't expand and create .brz files on the Mac yet. But the mods that are out there work just fine.

You've said this twice so far in this thread and it's simply untrue. All of the mods I've seen so far work just fine with the Mac version of the game. I'm running most of Vein's mods (except the tracers), Bil's updated branch and rank insignia, different unit bases, etc. on CMBN running on my iMac. The only difference between using mods on the Mac and using them on Windows is that you have to browse the .app file itself and install the mods in the Data folder there. It's not even an extra step, just a different one.

The one caveat is that you can't expand and create .brz files on the Mac yet. But the mods that are out there work just fine.

that is good to know. Thanks for sharing that info. I have a magnificent 24" Imac and may mod my game later on once Mister Spike stops beating me like an ugly stepchild in this PBEM.

:RpS_cool:

Back