Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN or CMFI QB or Scenario

L

Larsen

Hi,
I am looking to play a game or two of CMBN and CMFI. I have all the modules. CMBN Version 4.03.
Small or Medium sized ME, Probe and Attack.
I can play either side and can defend or attack.
I never played CM2 against a human opponent. Played quite a bit back during the CM1 days.
Of rules would prefer to ban preplanned setup zones artillery and CAS targets for the defender and in ME, no TRPs in ME and for an attacker. Also prefer to allow only onboard artillery although open to discuss this and all other rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're still looking for an opponent, I'm interested. Small or medium works great for me too

Yes I am!
Now... QB or do you have a scenario that you would like to play?
I lean toward a QB. If you have a scenario that you would like to play I am open.

I'm good with QB! I'm also good to play as Allies, unless you would like to

I'll take Germans.
Day, clear?
Medium size?
ME or Probe?
Rarity?

Any specific rules that you would like to have?

Day and clear, medium, ME are all good.
I'm flexible on rarity. What kind of forces would you like to use? I'm fine with combined arms, but if you want to make it interesting (like no calibres over 50mm) I'm into that too. In that case, I would suggest we turn rarity down.

We can go with the same arty rules you wrote above (no shelling setup zones) and I'll agree to no off-map arty for this one.

My request is that we do not use "Open" country.

Hope that helps

That's fine.
Also since this is an ME I would like to prohibit TRPs.
Mix is good too with me.
Rarity and armor rules are up to you.
Iron mode?

I've never tried Iron mode, what's the deal with it? I usually do Elite

Loose rarity is good with me. I've also never played with special armor rules

Loose rarity us fine.
In Iron mode spotting and identification is harder and arty delays are longer (I think).

Okay let's do Iron then. Would you like me to set it up? And hopefully last question, do you use Dropbox?

Yes, please.
I don't have a Dropbox. Let me see if I can set it up.
Meanwhile if you don't mind let's do the first few turns by email.
My email is churilin@hotmail.com

Perfect!
I will try to send the setup back tomorrow. It will be a hectic day for me. I will do my best.
Large map or medium?
Also I suggest to let us preview the map so that we would buy more intelligently.

It's medium sized. Pretty sure I forgot to turn on map preview before I hit send, so I can either resend the file with that turned on, or you can check out our map via QB or the mission editor. Its the only map called Norman Town

No rush for the setup, I'm at friends for the weekend so it's fine if you take your time

Hi!
Are we allowed to pretarget non set up zones on the first turn or should we prohibit any pre planned artillery strikes - so that all targeting should be done via direct fire or with a FO with LOS to the targeted areas?

No targeting of setup zones, for this small of a map I think we should go with direct fire /LOS arty strikes only

i can get another game going. Preferably CMBN. Small or Mid size QB. I can play any side.

Back