Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMRT Aircraft (CAS) Question...

The Great White North

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Just curious if my game is glitching but when I have CAS in my purchase and start a QB the aircraft RUS/GER are "EN ROUTE" which is French for on the way.... Haven't noticed that with any other titles I have and can't seem to find an explanation for it in the manual unless I'm completely blind...

Any ideas? Im curious what the do when they show up on the map without orders... If they show up...

That is completely normal in CMRT. As you already noticed Battlefront walked another route for this game and don´t give you the ability to call in precise air attacks. Why they did that I don´t know anymore honestly but I think it is stated somewhere in the BFC forums.
And if you ask me they should have went the same with the other ww2 games just for continuity. And I know that british and american communication and direction between ground and airforces were pretty good in the later stages of the war. (at least for ww2 ). It would be more in line with the old CMx1 games too.

But to the point: "En route" just means that the plane is under way to the map location, seeking out targets. When it comes is unknown and it is randomly to show up. However you hear it´s engine sounds roughly one minute before it strikes.
I believe the status screen will then read something like "coming around" or "attacking".

The aircraft here is completely on it´s own and can strafe the entire map. That means, depending on it´s experience and luck, it can either attack enemy or friendly forces alike.

That is completely normal in CMRT. As you already noticed Battlefront walked another route for this game and don´t give you the ability to call in precise air attacks. Why they did that I don´t know anymore honestly but I think it is stated somewhere in the BFC forums.
And if you ask me they should have went the same with the other ww2 games just for continuity. And I know that british and american communication and direction between ground and airforces were pretty good in the later stages of the war. (at least for ww2 ). It would be more in line with the old CMx1 games too.

But to the point: "En route" just means that the plane is under way to the map location, seeking out targets. When it comes is unknown and it is randomly to show up. However you hear it´s engine sounds roughly one minute before it strikes.
I believe the status screen will then read something like "coming around" or "attacking".

The aircraft here is completely on it´s own and can strafe the entire map. That means, depending on it´s experience and luck, it can either attack enemy or friendly forces alike.

Thank you for the clarification! I find it funny I can finally afford Ger CAS and they managed to fuck it up for me... What a let down...

Back