Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission Engine 4 Patches Released

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that don't frequent the Battlefront forums.

Any idea what was fixed with the patch(s)?

Patch notes coming "soon", but was a choice between Releasing Patches NOW :):):)

or

writing notes - (a time sink & a half) - and releasing later.:(

RIGHT DECISION MADE!!!!!! (y)

Here is what the patch does apparently. So many things I wish they would have fixed instead.....

PATCH NOTES:

TO&E and Formations

* Luftwaffe Jäger Battalion short of platoons

* QB force selection US infantry the FO appears with the label "Glider"

* British QB infantry-only Motor Battalion corrupted

* Sturmartillerie Brigade Begleitgrenadier armament

* Incorrect Stens in CMFI replaced with Thompsons

* Use of SVTs now radically reduced in some cases (CMRT)

*Ammo load outs for vehicles in CMFI corrected

Bug Fixes

* FIXED: Units are suppressed by small arms fire outside of range and directed 180 degrees away from them

* FIXED: MG42 LMG is 258% more lethal than the Bren LMG and the B.A.R.

* FIXED: Poor accuracy of SPG-9 and enormous PG-9 HEAT ammo dispersion

*FIXED: SPG-9 deployment/pack time too big

*FIXED: SPG-9 OG-9 HE ammo has incorrect (reduced) firing range

*FIXED: US antitank teams always fire AT4 before using Javelin

*FIXED: Unit Exit Bug in PBEM mode

*FIXED: Major changes to the TacAI to better handle the use of cover when under heavy fire

*FIXED: Units placement on the bridge bug

*FIXED Soldier pathing badly off course

*FIXED: Fixes from various different game releases consolidated and combined to be the same for all games

* FIXED: Various crashes and other small bugs fixed

Art/Model Fixes

* M4A3 Sherman 105 (early) model issues corrected

* M4A3 Sherman 105 (Mid) LOD issue

* Small fix for Valentine turret

* SPW 250/3 (Neu) distorted / wrong machine gun texture

* Crewman's head pokes through hull when unbuttoning JpzIV

* .30 cal MG firing location offset from the firer

I guess this a bit of a cryptic way of saying they fixed the Bren and BAR so they fire at normal ROF again?

Any idea what the issue was here? Were BARs and Brens shooting too fast? Are MG42s even more lethal now?

I was hoping they would fix really obvious bugs. LIke guys going into bunkers and then not being able to get back out again.

Any idea what the issue was here? Were BARs and Brens shooting too fast? Are MG42s even more lethal now?

BARs and Brens were firing single rounds instead of three round bursts. Now they fire bursts like they should - again.

LIke guys going into bunkers and then not being able to get back out again.

I don't remember that one. Was it reported? Hopefully not to me 'cause that would be embarrassing. :)

BARs and Brens were firing single rounds instead of three round bursts. Now they fire bursts like they should - again.

I don't remember that one. Was it reported? Hopefully not to me 'cause that would be embarrassing. :)

Interesting. Before the patch, I had seen them fire both single shots and bursts. Just like you can in real life. I thought that was cool.

As far as the bunkers.......if you buy an AT bunker and then put say a 3 man team into the bunker too........the small team often cannot get back out. I have no idea if this was reported. I figured all development on this game was done. The patch was a pleasant surprise.

That is not always the case though. The men will dismount and then stay in the same square as the bunker not moving away.

That is not always the case though. The men will dismount and then stay in the same square as the bunker not moving away.

I have also seen this bug happen where it was my team moving up to an enemy bunker to assault it, but then getting stuck. So I think it's not related to entering/exiting as such, but to exist in the same square or a square next to a bunker...

I have also seen this bug happen where it was my team moving up to an enemy bunker to assault it, but then getting stuck. So I think it's not related to entering/exiting as such, but to exist in the same square or a square next to a bunker...

Yes--you may well be right. In a current game with Titan, I had three teams get stuck in bunkers / bunker squares. Only 1 was able to break free.

So, I spent some time trying to reproduce this and everything worked. If you have a saved game showing the problem still exists by all means share and I can get that reported.

Same goes for the other issue of assaulting a bunker and getting stuck. There must be some additional interactions that are contributing cause I'm not see any issues.

Back