Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission Real Time Tourney

eniced73

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
I know "real time" is definitely not 99% of the people here cup o' tea. But I was just thinking about the days when I used to get into tournaments of Close Combat over at the "Tournament House". Those were very fun and all real time. Had some issues sometimes with players in different time zones getting together but eventually all games/rounds got finished.

What do you guys think about trying to put something together? If we keep players together by time zones for the first couple rounds it may make it easier. Basically it would most likely come down to a East vs West championship at the end. Then at that point maybe a live stream of the final game so all can see.

POTENTIAL PLAYERS

1. eniced73 Eastern US
2. MeatEtr Eastern US
3. Odin UK
4. Enven. Western US
5. Forper Sydney,Australia

Last edited:
Was thinking a more 'round robin' type tourney with one game a week. Being real time this would most likely be over in weeks compared to months or a year for PBEM. If you miss your first game or it gets delayed, no problem, as long as you make it up before the start of the next round it would be play at your own leisure.

Last edited:
@eniced73 this sounds like a great idea, and if it goes ahead you can put my name down on the player list.

I've only played one realtime H2H CM game before using hamachi software. That was sometime ago, so I'd probably need a little guidance getting it setup. My only suggestion would be to keep the unit numbers low as the micro management can get tricky - as can the availabilty of RL time!

I'm not in on this one but have a question for the participants. Is anyone interested in filming footage of their battle to post as an AAR afterwards? That would be cool to watch.

I'm not in on this one but have a question for the participants. Is anyone interested in filming footage of their battle to post as an AAR afterwards? That would be cool to watch.

Yeah I'd do that. Why not join in Floki?

Yeah I'd do that. Why not join in Floki?
I just know that I won't be able to get the time to play at the same time with someone else. Plus I used to play the Close Combat series int RL and remember how much of a pain in the arse it was to connect....urg!

so that's mainly the reason why. PBEM is the cat's ass for me.

@Floki
Yep. I agree. This is something new to mostly all of us. We are all used to playing nothing but PBEM games. We should spend a decent amount of time on making sure we have the connection thingy somewhat simple. It will take some trial and error at first. Hopefully we can get an 'idiots' guide to this before we do anything.

As far as matching up with someone, I am sure others can make arrangements on the weekends to play at certain times that will suit you. Let's see how many show up with some interest.

Im usually good on late nights on the weekends when the kids are asleep and the wife wants nothing to do with me.

I'm easy. No kids, no wife, no job

Sydney Australia time. It's 18:40 on the 22nd here..

POTENTIAL PLAYERS

1. eniced73 Eastern US
2. MeatEtr Eastern US
3. Odin UK
4. Enven. Western US
5. Forper Sydney,Australia

Ok. Bumping this up. I am currently doing a little research on playing Real Time. Setting up, potential problems, etc... @MeatEtr @Odin @Enven @Forper
If you guys have any knowledge shoot me a PM.

Everyone else....We need one maybe two more players to experiment with this to see if we can get it to fly. Anyone interested new or old post here with your Time Zone.

All good. Let me know what you need to find out and lets do a demo/test.

Back