Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Commander - The Great War

Rico and all others playing this game, I have it now and Im up for any side 1914

Takers ?

Great Rico, Im not so good yet as Marshall in WW1 stuffs, but I hope I can stand up a good fight. Will password it as: fmg will open the game, just loging and look for my nick as it is here: Aulette. Thx mate and good luck.

Bootie are you still playing this?

Rico, the correct password is: ww1fgm. We have a game with you in central powers 1914.

Good luck

Great Rico, Im not so good yet as Marshall in WW1 stuffs, but I hope I can stand up a good fight. Will password it as: fmg will open the game, just loging and look for my nick as it is here: Aulette. Thx mate and good luck.

Bootie are you still playing this?

Aulette -- have found the challenge, but the fgm or fmg password doesn't work. You sure you have it right?

Nice. and we are entering in 3rd turn, I will try to mantain this pace, as Im now just playing it and another Panzer Corps game

not so soon :) we have all the ww1 to fight, you can come to Paris drink champagne when we will discuss yours surrender LOL. I have to lost some terrain, but forgot that loose all Belgium at once will disband their army to... my mistake.

great move, That garrison was smashed with 3 infrantry corps and heavy artilerie on them. French boots can´t do offensive operations against you, they infantry begun very poor level I, without mechanization ( Machineguns ) and you are with level II infantry... difficult time to me losing Paris so soon.

But I think yours Austrians will pay for that ;-)

The trick with playing the French is getting some field armies over to the left Paris flank asap ... as Joffre managed to do historically.

Germans consolidate front around newly captured Paris ... launch spoiling attack against Brits on channel coast.

Austrians bombard and storm surrounded Belgrade -- the plucky Serbian defenders still hold out ... barely.

The Russian steamroller threatening the Austrian front around Lemberg ... meanwhile Hindeburg's armies capture Warsaw and advance into Poland.

Also gratifying that my U-boats did quite a bit of damage to the British troop convoys crossing the channel ... a good start there :)

The trick with playing the French is getting some field armies over to the left Paris flank asap ... as Joffre managed to do historically.

Yes I lost one turn our two to do this, and when I begun to mobilize my field armies to hold Paris front, it was to late.

did a minor mistake withdrawing belgians forces to early and didn´t knowed that all my belgian army will be disbanded at once after Belgium fall you come very fast in my belgium gap, at leats one turn before I´ve supposed

Yes
Yes I lost one turn our two to do this, and when I begun to mobilize my field armies to hold Paris front, it was to late.

did a minor mistake withdrawing belgians forces to early and didn´t knowed that all my belgian army will be disbanded at once after Belgium fall you come very fast in my belgium gap, at leats one turn before I´ve supposed

Yeah -- only chance to perhaps capture Paris in 1914 -- go all hell for leather!! ... no I have to hang on to it :)

Also pushing hard with my Turks to capture Suez canal and Cairo to cripple British Med trade ... hope it works.

Sounds exactly the tactics you used first time round... what's the re playability like Rico>

Well, he gave me the same openings so I went for it ... ignoring Caucasus for the moment ... Russian front is panning out differently -- Aullette not as aggressive which gives me a bit more of a breather as Germans --- maybe building up that Russian steamroller for the 1915 spring offensive.

Opening moves I think are pretty similar ... will see how it works out.

Rico If I tell you what next I have to kill you LOL, for sure in some point I will be in offensive but with that so weak and old stylish 19th century troops, without heavy art, go ofensive is just to be isolated and lost a lot of pp doing so, entente begins with very superior navies and control of the seas, lefting Russia. Im in very dificult time with France with industrial capacity so depleted in this begin, but Im enjoying much more I can expect this game online, I just forgot Panzer Corps completely, for sure it´s not so dificult as war of the pacific as a play experience but very difficult to master and very relaxing to play it

Back