Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

does anyone play Red Baron 3D?

I just saw a video of this game it looks interesting...wondering if anyone plays it and what you think.:cool:

Way back in the day I did. These days there are other WW1 games out now that blow RB3d away. I'd recommend something less dated.

Way back in the day I did. These days there are other WW1 games out now that blow RB3d away. I'd recommend something less dated.

like what? I am interested but not busting down doors to find out.

Thank you MGK for the info..
I was wondering also what has replaced it? and is it better?

CM is dated also but quite challenging.:biggrin:

Hey,

There are two WWI Flight Sims out there that I can think of offhand:

The first is Over Flanders Fields, which is (basically) an outrageously modded version of Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 3.

The second is Rise of Flight. This is a relatively new game which originates in Russia.

Both are only available over the net (just google them) as far as I know.

They are also pretty extreme, ultra-realistic simulation games, which makes them both a little out of my league. I was a huge RB fan; these are much harder to learn and play. Frankly, for my taste, life's just too short to spend hours (and I mean HOURS) trying to learn how to take off and land a Fokker D-VII. With that said, they are both gorgeous. OFF is a serious labor of love for some hardcore flight sim guys, and RoF is just as good looking. One thing to note - OFF has accumulated bunches of flyable aircraft over the years. RoF has a much limited set of AC's and they sell them as downloadable content. The original game had (IIRC) four aircraft; they have come out with additional ones, but each costs you.

Hope this helps,

Gunner

I see there are clubs out there that still support RB3D...just like us with CM

Back