Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Editing maps in the editor and off map Mortar range issues...

The Great White North

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Greetings.... I have tweaked a large CMBN ME map "Somewhere in Summertime" and made it into an Attack/Defend map. I extended the width of the map to add some depth for the attacker and the set up zones are on the E and W sides of the map. I'm already playing a match on it and much to my surprise the 1600 points I spent for TRP's and Off map Mortars are totally useless as they say they are out of range.... I'm curious what I need to change in the editor to fix that as I do love the map but for the defender to not have the option of off map support is rather crap.

Some data: The Map is 3344 X 1408

Best!

Last edited:
I take it I've built a map beyond the capable range for the off map mortars to reach.... Max is 2400M its too bad the AI couldn't put them off map on the N. or S. side middle off map as then they would cover the entire map....

changing the type of battle from what the map was originally can cause some weird scoring bugs to pop up in the end but aside from that... u can change the friendly side in the editor to fix your mortar problem... it does not have to match up with where u put the set up zones

@The Great White North

Last edited:
changing the type of battle from what the map was originally can cause some weird scoring bugs to pop up in the end but aside from that... u can change the friendly side in the editor to fix your mortar problem... it does not have to match up with where u put the set up zones

@The Great White North
Genius!!! Thank you!!!

Plus the friendly map edge tells panicked troops which way to run. having it opposite to where friendly forces actually are could lead to sad outcomes.
yeah...but in this case he would have an east-west battle..... so setting friend direction to north might not be that dangerous........ and there is a pretty descent chance that if your units panic something sad has already happened.... and when they started panicking instead of fighting does mot lead to many happy endings ......

Back