Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Fact Tree's

It is extremely dangerous to stand under a tree during a thunderstorm. It is more dangerous to stand under an oak than any other kind of tree. The next most risky trees to stand under are poplars and Scots pines. If you are determined be a complete maniac and stand under a tree during a lightning strike, but don't actually want to die, head for a beech. They are ten times less likely to be hit than oaks. According to the very few studies done, you are also much less likely to be hit by lightning under a sycamore, hawthorn or holly tree.

The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. ALFRED ADLER (1870-1937) Austrian psychiatrist

I believe that the thing which makes them more likely would be the amount of mineral...especially iron in the tree it self...I wonder if the soil they go on would cause that to differ?:wacko:

Well, danish forests consist almost entirely of beeches. So I should be quite safe, then
:-D

Tell you what i will have POS run some tests and he will tell us.:cool:

Caption contest-

aerial-storm.jpg

"We're safe up here, we're not under any tree"

Back