Field of Glory II

HOA_KSOP

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I think the Roman wheels are starting to come off...
Too bad the wheels didn't fall off your Spaniards in our P&S Campaigns RoiCroi Battle. Congrats on kicking my ass....again....

BTW, this one is on my wishlist so when I get it I demand relief Sir! Plus I will need to try and beat mTk as well.

If you still are up for P& S PBEM let me know, my turn to pick the battle!

HOA_KSOP aka ksbearski aka Barry

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Too bad the wheels didn't fall off your Spaniards in our P&S Campaigns RoiCroi Battle. Congrats on kicking my ass....again....

BTW, this one is on my wishlist so when I get it I demand relief Sir! Plus I will need to try and beat mTk as well.

If you still are up for P& S PBEM let me know, my turn to pick the battle!

HOA_KSOP aka ksbearski aka Barry
Pick away -- always up for keeping a Pike & Shot battle going :2charge:

mcmortison

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Any one here willing to play a PBEM game with a "I am new to Field of Glory (2)" Player?
Looking for a small beginner game.
Any takers?

mcmortison

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
@Mad Mike If you dont mind playing a new guy (and till know not really understands how it the game works) - I would love to play you. Bavaria vs Switzerland (or known as der grosse Bruder Kanton gegen Zürich) :)

enigma6584

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Looking for another game in ancient warfare with Field of Glory 2. Any takers?

I really wanted to like this better, but it didn't impress me much off the shelf. I admit I do need to give it some (a lot) more effort. I wish the graphics weren't so washed out looking. Plus, every battle (admittedly not that many) just ended up in a big bar fight. Perhaps realistic, but tactics became useless.

Will revisit when I finish getting all my Vikings killed (soon).

IICptMillerII

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
I really wanted to like this better, but it didn't impress me much off the shelf. I admit I do need to give it some (a lot) more effort. I wish the graphics weren't so washed out looking. Plus, every battle (admittedly not that many) just ended up in a big bar fight. Perhaps realistic, but tactics became useless.

Will revisit when I finish getting all my Vikings killed (soon).
Interesting. My experience was the exact opposite. I was expecting a simplistic, though hopefully fun game. What I got was a very realistic, yet still accessible depiction of classical warfare. I primarily play the Romans and found that I was getting my butt handed to me, until I started to employ the proper tactics of the time. I arranged my army into the famous Roman checkerboard pattern and quickly started racking up victories. The tactics you need are specific to the faction you are playing as, but as a general rule you need to remember that winning a battle is all about forcing the enemy to rout, not killing him. Further, maneuver is more important before you become engaged. You want to advance to contact with a good formation, not try to maneuver against the enemy after making contact.

It definitely helps to emulate real tactics of the period. My advice would be to pick a faction that interests you, and then study up on the tactics they used that made them successful on the battlefield. Then try to emulate those tactics. More often than not I think you'll find yourself with better results.