Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

And so the groups remained.
I think the easiest is England group, they should go to the next round without breaking a sweat.

0MPp9dh.png

@Gunner

The 32 teams are arranged in four pots ("Bombo", in spanish), eight teams in each. The distribution of the countries is defined according to the FIFA ranking, used to assign the classified teams in each of the four pots.
The eight drums that represent the groups are labeled with letters from A to H.

These were the countries classified when the draw was made in April (3 were yet to be defined).
ahyAfSG.jpg

In each of them, there will be four balls with the numbers of the positions of the selections (1, 2, 3 and 4) in the respective group.
First, a ball will be drawn from the selection pot and immediately another from one of the group pots, in this way, the positions in which the different teams will play will be assigned.
The first seven are accommodated in Pot 1 along with the host (Qatar) who will be seeded from Group A and so on consecutively with the other pots.
FIFA will ensure, to the extent possible, that no group has more than one team from the same confederation, with the sole exception of Europe, which is represented at the World Cup by thirteen teams. Each group will have at least one and a maximum of two two European teams. In this way, five of the eight groups will include two European teams.

Hey! Just found out a stadium near me (MetLife) will be hosting part of the 2026 World Cup.
Any of you blokes go, I'll meet you in the City and the drinks are on me. :)

It seems to be really spread out between Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.

Hey! Just found out a stadium near me (MetLife) will be hosting part of the 2026 World Cup.
Any of you blokes go, I'll meet you in the City and the drinks are on me. :)

It seems to be really spread out between Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Same, KC won some hosting duty as well.

:cool:

9PtRwo9.png

FIFA said the biggest number of allocated tickets were for group stage matches like Cameroon v Brazil, Brazil v Serbia, Portugal v Uruguay, Costa Rica v Germany and Australia v Denmark.
"Fans living in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United States, Mexico, the United Arab Emirates, England, Argentina, Brazil, Wales and Australia led the way and the digital queues by securing the biggest number of tickets," FIFA said.

Also Read: FIFA World Cup 2022 to start one day earlier with Qatar vs Ecuador game on November 20

The launch date for the next sales phase will be announced in late September, FIFA added. Over-the-counter sales will also start in Doha after the launch of the last-minute sales phase.

The World Cup begins a day earlier than originally scheduled with the opening ceremony taking place before the host nation kick off the tournament on Sunday, Nov. 20 against Ecuador.

It will be the first World Cup staged in the Middle East and has been pushed back to later in the year than its typical June-July schedule to avoid the region's punishing summer heat.

Link:

I know it’s not the Olympics and anyone can play for any team but I was still surprised by the U.S announcement for the roster of the World Cup Team.
Playing for the U.S. are 9 players from the U.S., 7 from England, 2 from Italy, 2 from Germany, 2 from Spain, a Frenchman, a Turk and a Scot.
I guess the team is a lot like America itself, made up of people from all over the world. ;)

Back