Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Free download: PANZER GENERAL FOREVER

P

PoorOldSpike

It's a conversion for Windows of the old 1990's low-complexity fast-moving classic Panzer General-
Download and forum- http://www.pgforever.info/

My only gripe is that the manual doc is too longwinded and rambling, so it could be a hassle searching through it to find essential info about combat bonuses and effects, and supply etc.
Also the 15-year-old graphics are a little bland and it's often difficult to tell friend from from foe because their colours look pretty much identical at first sight.
But I shoudn't really complain, because it is free after all!
Personally i prefer to wait for Matrix's forthcoming 'Panzer Corps' (see separate FGM thread) which will be professionally produced, better-looking and slicker.

The PG Forever download includes 4 versions-

PGF-splash.gif

Typical PGF screen-

PGF-splash2.gif

All the major battles are included in PGF such as Bulge and Barbarossa etc.

BULGE
PGF-Bulg.gif

BARBAROSSA
PGF-Barb.gif

Plus many lesser known battles (including hypotheticals) such as these-

WASHINGTON DC: US forces are braced for the Nazi onslaught-
PGFWash.gif

MID-EAST: Rommel goes for Jerusalem-
PGFmideast.gif

SEALION: Hitler v southern England-
PGF-Seal.gif

Ah, that brings back memories... I never was really good at it, but then I played it when I had no real concept of strategy or battlefield tactics. Guess I'd do much better now! :biggrin1:

You know, eventually I got to be very good at PG. Imagine my surprise, and now concern, at having been beaten 4 straight times in the first Polish scenario! I mean, I haven't even really come all that close to any kind of a victory yet! It seems to me the Polish defenders are more numerous and now place their arty in much better defensive positions. Yikes.

I don´t know how often I played it through. One or two times I made me the fun and played so that I could play the maximum numbers of battles - means You had to lose on the right place to go through many more battles. And furthermore I reached my main aim/target and had built a complete army group of five stars TigerII, Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger, Engineers/Pioneers and PSW 75mm-long, Me262 and tactical bombers. Only one unit has 4 and a half star. :))) Then there was definitely no more battle to fight. :(

I have two words for you........................................THANK YOU!!!!

The link seems dead to me. Does anyone know another link or where else to get this great game? I´ve been playing panzer general over and over at least once every year since 1994. Until I got Vista 64...

Back