Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

IICptMillerII's Gallery

IICptMillerII

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Some Combat Mission screenshots to start it all off:

This is a personal favorite of mine. Some paratroopers defending an OP from a German attack, just after D-Day:
nCDtmMFaSnOlnO-W9ktF_g.jpeg

These Germans are about to have a very bad day, courtesy of canister shot from an M5 Stuart:
3o3LsP76RhimQw1BaybqXQ.jpeg

Same situation, different perspective:
8q0F7eTuSs_Ba3ZYeYilnA.jpeg

Action shot from CMFI:
H0m1_CcUQe_9ZZ_rkqSMDw.jpeg

A German defensive position overlooking a road junction, somewhere in the Ardennes:
Qawipi40RsaDptAdxdSb0w.jpeg

From a recent Internet/LAN game:
zbB2eIVoRLSLqsM6PXVaqQ.jpeg

In a similar vein, the results of a German infantry platoon getting caught in the open by a mortar barrage:
wx5tUsokR829vPsvGHcqTQ.jpeg

I'll end it with some non-CM images. These are from Scourge of War: Waterloo

The French attempt to roll up the left flank:
8mGXINSIRnOJUrAJDnaSyQ.jpeg

A view from the soldiers perspective:
PHSJzOUIThSXETgyRbt_8A.jpeg

The maneuver is successful, and the British fall back up into the trees. The foreground is littered with casualties:
wncxikXHT0aLRV85ZSYv3A.jpeg

A few video clips:

(The scene depicted is where the paratrooper screenshot came from)

I'm hoping to get into making larger, cinematic videos with CM in the future. May be a while though, as its a time consuming task.

I'm currently doing an AAR of Command: Modern Air Naval Operations over at the Grogheads forums. I thought about making a separate thread here and reposting everything, but I figure providing a link to it instead is much easier and less time consuming. You do not need an account to view the AAR or the images.

The scenario is taken from Fleet Command, and follows Task Force Nimitz intervening in the Bay of Bengal in 1999. The situation is a bit wonky, having the US Navy and Indian navy go head to head, but it leads to some very entertaining and interesting gameplay. You get to see a typical US CVBG (Carrier Battle Group) run the gauntlet of nearly every threat it could come up against; enemy air forces (both land and carrier based) a significant enemy surface fleet with guided missile patrol crafts and destroyers, a carrier (the Viraat) and more, as well as submarine threats.

Its a well rounded scenario that acts as a great showcase as to the capabilities of a US CVBG. Here is the link to the thread:

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=21257.0

Hope you all head over and enjoy it! If you have any feedback feel free to post it here, or on Grogheads if you have an account there.

A few screenshots I've taken in the past few weeks from various PBEMs I had going on. These were mostly snapshots, so apologies in advance for the icons not being turned off.

Russian infantry storming a river bank, when suddenly a wild Tiger appears:
eoX29IA5RTWddGfQcqCOHA.jpeg

A Soviet Mechanized Assault in progress:
qoef_YLaROeCo825hiVwXQ.jpeg

A very close range firefight:
R_po13UDRnyOBF-yT3T71w.jpeg

Finally, a series of snapshots taken from a Fortress Italy PBEM of the scenario "Livorno Pride." I was playing as the Americans.

The results of the USS Savannah's naval gunfire support:
Pu-jY81zSEibMybZOeHqyQ.jpeg

RwaoJLjBQCahyOrex7e61A.jpeg

LDcfsxLSTgyso2ahui6hgA.jpeg

Various Italians caught in the open as they closed in on the outskirts of Gela:

4cWswFqXSaqMgL9UNBgIJQ.jpeg

E7mVoSPKRsix7wD9fsMj5w.jpeg

The scenes remind me of Picketts Charge from the American Civil War.

The FO team that directed the naval gunfire. Note the combat victories in the lower left:

cm fortress italy.exe Screenshot 2018.01.25 - 19.11.28.50.png

Finally, the AAR screen:

cm fortress italy.exe Screenshot 2018.01.25 - 20.04.46.47.png

It was a fun scenario for me, but as you may imagine I don't think my opponent enjoyed himself very much.

Huh!!! ........
(that's Zinzan's reaction to Livorno Pride Pics - about right! :cool:)

Like the ninja camouflaged Royalty in 1st Pic - Nice Ambush

The Mech Assault looks awesome in size and execution - nicely by regulation. What was result?

Short range shootout is almost cinematic - old school war film style.

Great collection of pics @IICptMillerII

The Mech Assault looks awesome in size and execution - nicely by regulation. What was result?

It was a resounding Soviet success. Soviet losses were something like 30 KIA 30 WIA, while the enemy suffered over 300 total casualties. Plus a good amount of the Soviet casualties were caused by friendly artillery fire because the infantry were able to close on the objective so quickly. Overall it was a very fun little tactical vignette for the Soviet player.

From my ongoing AAR of CMANO over at Grogheads:

Q7yI95D.jpg

A bit of context: This is hour 33 of a 36 hour battle. My carrier group has survived attacks from the air, from surface ships, and from submarines. I am running low on various munitions types, most critically ship based SAMs used to shoot down incoming missiles. I had just managed to destroy the last of the enemy surface vessels and thought myself in the clear when suddenly a large group of strike aircraft was detected coming right at my carrier group. It is likely a regimental sized Tu-22 Backfire attack, which means a lot of very large, very capable anti-ship missiles are about to come my way. This has caught me completely by surprise, and I'm very worried that I could lose a good chunk of my command from this attack.

One thing is for sure, the scenario continues to entertain!

Link to the AAR post for those interested:
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=21257.0

Stumbled upon a few screenshots hidden on my harddrive and figured I would post them here. Nothing too exciting, just some action shots:

iBN31mY.jpg

kW4enQR.jpg

PowokI3.jpg

V6WG5ae.jpg

ZA5lsXG.jpg

This is a short video I made to test out editing together some clips of combat in CMRT to see how it would come out. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with it. There are a few abrupt cuts that I'll try to work on for future vidoes like this.

Note: It ends prematurely due to the v4.0 Infantry bug.

A cinematic video I made over the weekend depicting action in the CW scenario "Sticking it Out!" against the AI. It was fun to edit together and make, and I plan on doing more like this. Some of the edits are a bit rough as I am still learning all the ins and outs of video editing, but I think it turned out well for the most part.

I put together another cinematic CM video, this time featuring the Americans. The mission is taken from the second mission in the Road to Montebourg campaign. I tried to be a bit more concise with this video, and the result is to my liking. It's about half as long as the previous. Again, still working on the editing, but at least this time there is a title and end screen!

Back