Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Latest Club News from Bootie

Is there a downside (tech wise) to have members who are inactive? I'm not for kicking members out if not absolutely necessary. Let's say something happens in RL that forces you to take a time out from gaming, then it is unfortunaty to have to start all over with a new memebership.

I hate seeing members leave... sometimes I consider abolishing the cron job entirely as so many members joining are re-joining. :(
I like it as it cuts away 'the baggage.' (Will also be key for a new ELO driven ladder). However if a member does return (particularly from RL circumstances) then maybe there should be a way to reinstate them with their old account.

Also helps us lot still here with regarding who's who.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hate seeing members leave... sometimes I consider abolishing the cron job entirely as so many members joining are re-joining. :(

I'm sure its been discussed previously, but any reason not to at least raise the cut-off time to say 12 months?

I like it as it cuts away 'the baggage.' (Will also be key for a new ELO driven ladder). However if a member does return (particularly from RL circumstances) then maybe there should be a way to reinstate them with their old account.

Also helps us lot still here with regarding who's who.

Both sides of this discussion have merit. The cronjob serves a purpose in weeding out the "chaff". However, it is indiscriminate. It would be good to have a way to reinstate those who were deleted by the cronjob, and later wish to return.

@mTk ... I agree.
However, if you wanted to insert a variable period of reply for the mighty cron, if it was possible, is to tie it to something like messages.
ie: If mTg did not contribute for three months... he would have a further 4572 days to remain a member!
Whereas a "non-member" who never posted would be gone after a day.

I always agreed that three months of waiting was enough.
I keep that criterion.
But I do not like to see old members disappear without really knowing what happened to them.
I once proposed that antiquity should be respected, for example members of more than one or two years old, be expected more than three months.
Mr. Numbers or Mehlsack are examples to consider.

Back