Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Mech Warrior Online - Interest Poll

Are there 3 other Good Men that would like to form a Lance in MWO?

• 2. No, my plate is quite full enough, thank you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Facman

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
If there are 3 other FGM interested in co-operative play, we can form our own Lance and play together on MWO.

Problem is that I my online window is pretty much always the same. I can run games usually any day of the week from 1000 or 1100pm until usually 100-200am.

That's not a problem for me, I'd be glad to drop with you, regardless of the timing. I figure if we put a big enough pool together we can always find at least 4 guys to play together.

If this is still current then I am certainly interested in joining you guys in MWO.
But I have to say my gaming time is limited.

Yo Ysko!
There has been little response to the thread, so the chances of throwing together a team is going to be tough. With that in mind, what time zone are you in and what hours (GMT) can you play? If nothing else, I would be glad to drop with you individually, or with @eniced73 if we can get a mutual time frame wrapped up. I am retired and able to play just about anytime, as my sleep schedule is inconsistent at best.

I am located in the GMT +1 timezone.
My playing times vary a lot too due to my irregular working schedule ( I am a pilot ), my little boy and social stuff which all needs to be planned. ;)
But if I know in advance you guys are able to play on one of my days off I can probably arrange something.

Ok, in view of the fact that your schedules are tough, I will leave it to you 2 guys to come up with a good time to get together. I will then make a point of being there. I play MWO every day, often times several different sessions, so adjusting to your schedules is a no brainer for me.

As an aside, my in game name is Coyotebrother, put me on your friends list so you can see if I'm on when you are. List your in game names here and I will add you to my list as well, then we can keep an eye out for each other.

I am located in the GMT +1 timezone.
My playing times vary a lot too due to my irregular working schedule ( I am a pilot ), my little boy and social stuff which all needs to be planned. ;)
But if I know in advance you guys are able to play on one of my days off I can probably arrange something.
You are 6 hours ahead of me and I believe 7 hours ahead of Facman. This is going to make it tough to link up since I usually only play at 1100-100am my EST time. That would be around 5-6AM your time. That would be rough. I keep wanting to get up with the fellas to play some ARMA but they start at 700-800AM my time. I like to sleep on the weekends. If there is anytime that I can play early on a weekday or weekend I will give you a shout out ahead of time.

Fac,
I will be on sporadically at 1100pm-100am. I am usually logged onto the FGM site so if you catch me there we can link up.

I am usually logged onto the FGM site so if you catch me there we can link up.
@eniced73
Yes, I saw you on the other night (tappatalk) and tried to flag you down in 'Shout'. So when your on the site at night like that, keep your eyes peeled for a shout, I'll do the same. Then we can at least drop together. Do you have a mic for commo? If so load the RaidCall commo system so we can communicate. (you too Yskonyn)

http://www.raidcall.com/v7/index.html
GROUP: The Few Good Men
ID: 7673815

Let's stand toe to toe and slug this out.

Based on your preferences, I'd say you would want to start in an assault or heavy class mech then. Just remember, they are slow and not very maneuverable. The medium class mechs don't have the staying power it sounds like you want. There are currently several mechs receiving very good ratings in competitions.

Assault
Atlas... DDC version because it has ECM capabilities and it's simply a brute.
Victor...excellent survivability and flex in weapon loads available
Highlander... versatile with flex in weapon loads available

Heavy
Cataphract... all around versatile

Also remember, when choosing the mech, if you want to maximize your piloting skills, you will need to pilot 3 variants of the same mech to get the most benefits off the piloting skill trees.
Therefore, I recommend, choosing your mech with that in mind as well.

Just saw the lengthy post by Bullock on the MWO forums about the roadmap for next year. Seems like the game is finally going to shape up to be something I really would like by Fall next year.
I am just not very much into the Deathmatch with Mechs arena style gameplay.
I would prefer a narrative, a goal to fight for, not just bragging rights.
But it seems like the game is still on track to become just that.

Aye, that post was in response to the really negative response to the announcement of the clan invasion and release of clan mech pkgs. Overall the community is not happy with having to go thru another year of death-matches.

Now available on Steam! Lots of updates since this thread started so it may be worth another look.

I used to play the original when it came out years ago. The current system of pay to play just discourages me from buying. I feel if I do not bump numerous extra dollars into the game in order to get decent equipment there is no way to compete. The only other alternative is to play hundreds of hours to rack up the free points.

Back