Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Movie] Count 'Em On One Hand

I've seen very few movies I've really liked over the last year and could probably count them on one hand, maybe. I just watched two back-to-back.
John Wick & John Wick: Chapter 2
Never been a big Keanu Reeves fan. Well, except The Matrix of course. But I'm a certified fan now after his portrayal as the tormented John Wick. His casting is perfect and while his killing skills are a bit over the top I found myself believing every shootout sequence. I mean, c'mon! It's John Wick, the Boogeyman. Well, actually, it's John Wick, the guy you send to kill the Boogeyman. The last action movie I thought was this good was "Atomic" Blond". They are those kind of action movies. If you are fond of this genre, if done well, then I simply cannot recommend John Wick highly enough. And there is more good news. John Wick: Chapter 3 is due in 2019.

John Wick quotes:
Viggo Tarasov: What happened John? We were professionals... civilized!
John Wick: Do I look civilized to you?

Viggo Tarasov: John was once an associate of ours. They call him Baba Yaga.
Iosef Tarasov: The boogeyman?
Viggo Tarasov: Well, John wasn't exactly the boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the fucking boogeyman!
Iosef Tarasov: Oh.

John Wick: People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer...But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back! So you could either hand over your son or you can die screaming alongside him!

Viggo Tarasov: Why did you hit my son?
Aurelio: Because he stole John Wick's car and killed his dog.
Viggo Tarasov: Oh.

Jimmy: Evenin', John.
John Wick: Evenin', Jimmy. Noise complaint?
Jimmy: Noise complaint.
[looks over John's shoulder, sees the dead body on the floor behind him]
Jimmy: You, uh, workin' again?
John Wick: No, I was just sortin' some stuff out.
Jimmy: Ah, well... I'll leave you be then. Good night, John.
John Wick: Good night, Jimmy.

Viggo Tarasov: They know you're coming.
John Wick: Of course... But it won't matter.

John Wick: So what sort of movement am I looking at?
Continental Doctor: Well, if you're looking to heal, then keep it marginal. However, if you still have... business to attend to, take two of these beforehand. Your stitches'll tear and you'll bleed, but you'll have full function. Do you need anything for the pain?
John Wick: [Looks at his glass of Bourbon] No, I've got that covered.

There are many more and you know what to do.

Last edited:
As I've said before, I've never been a Keanu Reeves fan fut the first John Wick was so over the top that I loved it. Now the 2nd one was just more of the same so it was so-so in my book, but I'll watch the 3rd one just cause it's John Wick. I was over at my brother in laws house and the first one was on his TV with the sound off.."Whoa" I thought, thats cool, so it went from there. Deadpool fits in the same category.

Back